Monday, May 30, 2005

misjontiimi!!! mission team!!!! (notice that there are 3 I's in mission team/tiimi, so who says theres no I in tiim/team?)

i just got back from finland and the second mission team trip. and it was awesome. (one thing i have to mention before i go any further is that i'm freaking out excited cuz when i came home guess what peter did, he gave me a kiss!! this is something new hes learned to do and he gave me a kiss right on the cheek and i am freaking out excited so just wanted to mention that) and once again some bad things happened, and some good things happened to. a.d now i'll tell you a tale of finns, estonians, and lollpea americans ;)......

on friday morning me and my dad left tartu to drive up to tallinn. and we actually had a pretty good time in the car listening to music, and i read some of my school books (even though a book with a name like "cry, the beloved country" sounds boring, it wasn't). then we got there and met up with everyone and after hanging out a little bit we all got in the car and drove to the boat. let me tell you who was there. there was:anneli, evelin, eero, kristal, my dad, mrs. wittenberg, and me. so we went and drove to the boat and this time we were taking the car and so we drove it into the bottom of the boat, which was kinda cool becuase that meant we didn't have to wait in line for our tickets or passports to be checked. and so we get on the boat and of course right away go check out the karoake. which was, as always, good when we did it, and a head ache machine when anyone else did it. but besides that we had a fairly calm and uneventful trip across then we get there and meet miika and kati at the terminal and said hi to kati and put miika's stuff in the car and took off. so now with miika guiding, and fun music blasting, we went to turku. and on the way we stopped and had ham sandwhiches, which i thought were the nastiest things i ever ate, but every else seemed to like it (except anneli thought it smelled bad). and then we get to the corps in turku and after being locked out for ten minutes finally got a hold of the people in charge who opened the door for us. and so we came and had burgers (these were some of the best burghers i've had since moving to estonia) and practiced everything we had to do the next day. and this is we got me excited, evelin FINALLY taught me the evanescence drama. and surprise, surprise, i was the evil guy!! it is so cool, i get to wear a cape and i get to kill anneli and i try to like kill kristal too and...i'm getting away from my point. so then after this we go to the hostel where we were staying and i tried on my evil evanescence cape. and then me and miika got the cool idea "hey, we should tape me running around in a cape!!". so he got out his video camera that he had brought and tape me doing cool stuff in a cape, this included attacking evelin, killing the air with my drum sticks, running around and taping it from different angles, and me basically becomeing "darth kurisu" (my video game alter ego).

so then after this evelin and miika where talking and i was listeneing to music and reading, and everyone else was out chilling or something. and then anneli gets a phone call. i had gotten bored so i put away my book and went to look for someone to hang out with miika and evelin where having a "serious talk" that they didn't want me to interupt so i go out in to the hallway see anneli on a chair with her phone at her ear with a horribly pained look on her face saying "no!!". now i did what i always do in times like, "back away chris, back away". so i go back to evelin and miika and say to evelin (since she's anneli's sister) "you might want to check on anneli, she was on the phone and she looked upset". so she says she thought anneli was talking to her boyfriend, so i'm just like wow, this is way out of my league, u deal with it. so i go read some more and then come out later and find out that anneli had a really good reason to be upset. her boyfriend had died in a car accident. and so had his friend, and his other friend was in the hospital. so as we all prayed for her mrs. wittenberg talked to her and helped her. and all i could think was "why is it always anneli and evelin who things happen to?". and then i thought of something, you they bassically hold the mission team together, they've tought us half we know, and they are some the most skilled people on the team. normally i don't go in for the whole "devils out to get me" thing but it makes you think doesn't it, its quite a coincidence. so anneli eventually did get to sleep and so we all went to bed. now one thing i hate is that these are the times i feel helpless and useless. other people, like miika, can give a hug and say comforting words becuase they've gone through this stuff themselves. but i can only imagine whats its like to so suddenly lose such a close friend.

so then we all go to sleep and prepare ourselves for the next day, and...oh wait. my moms yelling at me to get off the computer, i'll write more later, Cya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris. Umm...i can say that this ur blog is really good and i'm actually have waited for you write something about the Turku trip but go on and finish it too, but leave out Me and Evelin's relationship 'cause there are non. But else really cool subject to write.
Miika
btw my homepage is http:\\miika.bildox.tk but it is on finnish 'cause i have not have time to tranclate it to english

Anonymous said...

Hi its nathan my sister just told me how to get to your blog. we all miss you at the corps and hope you are doing well. also i am going to be in enrichmentmath in 7th grade. one final thig my school may soon be starting a bible club.
Nate