Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Fun In Class Excercise from Fiction!

I had 20 minutes to write this in my fiction class. I must admit, for only 20 minutes I'm pretty proud of it!


“He came a home with a freaking knife!”

“Honey,” he said, his eyes rolling at her turned back, “I don’t understand why you’re so upset! He’s a little boy, boys play with knives!”

“Did you see the knife? It’s huge!”

“Exactly! See, he was playing. It was his sword! Boys will be boys, you know?”

“I never played with knives when I was little!”

“You weren’t a little boy when you were little. Just because our son comes home with a oversized steak knife doesn’t mean he’ll grow up to be an axe-murderer!”

“Oh darling, if only you had seen him you might understand. It flipped out. It was one of those…whatchacallems…a switchblade!”

“See, that’s even less reason to worry! It has a built in sheath so he won’t get hurt by accident!”

“Oh, but darling he looks so intimidating with that leather jacket he’s been wearing lately.”

“He’s just trying to look cool. It’s a phase, he’ll grow out of it.”

“And what’s that A with a circle around it mean? That’s sewn right on the back. And there’s all these red circles with upside down stars in them too, what are those?”

“Oh, I don’t know dear. Probably just a fad. You know, kids these days come up with such funny games.”

“And have you see that thing he does with his friends? Whenever he sees them it looks like he makes some sort of sign language thing with his hands, you know? And they all do it. It looks like they’re making some sort of letters.”

“Oh that, it’s probably just from some TV show or something. You know, they’re so impressionable when they’re as young as him. It’s probably something from, what’s it called that the kids are supposed to be into? Pokemon? Is that still cool?”

“I don’t know. Maybe that’s it. I’m sorry, it just makes me nervous sometimes. He’s such a nice young boy though. I doubt we need to worry.”

“Yes honey, I agree, he’s probably the most respectable little 21 year old in the neighborhood. We should be proud.”


2 comments:

Matt said...

Lol

I quite like this one.

Anneli said...

hahahah, i love this!!!