Sunday, January 03, 2016

Just Another Manic Sunday

It's 10pm on a Sunday night. I've been thinking all day about what to write about and I've been pretty much drawing a blank. As per my challenge to myself I'll still post something, even if it's a short post like this is likely to be.

Today was a pretty average Sunday for me. I got out of the house a few minutes later than I had planned after having some eggs go straight from the pan, onto my pant leg, and down to the floor. I picked up a few kids for Sunday School and then taught Sunday School and Jr. Church. Attendance was average. Behavior was average. Nothing to write home (or blog) about, really. The only notable item was a meeting after church with the mix of employees and volunteers who comprise the "Youth Leadership Team" that helps make the programs I run happen. We set dates and no one yelled. Last time we had a meeting like this there was yelling. 2015 was a rough year at work.

What other life updates can I throw your way? This weekend I've spent some time playing FEZ as a part of my plan to focus on less junk food-y gaming. I'm not a big fan of puzzle games in general and can only play for a bit at a time before I get frustrated. When I get frustrated I've been hopping over to the Burial at Sea DLC for Bioshock Infinite. It is a shooter, but I'd consider this more intellectual. I've always been a fan of noir style so I've enjoyed the influences of that as well as just more interesting story-infused gameplay. I just finished chapter 1 before beginning this blog post. I hear you play as Elizabeth in the second chapter, so I'm quite excited for that.

The only other thing I can think to mention is that I am planning on attending a Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix Trial (GPT). This qualifies as a competitive event as relates to my New Year's Resolutions, so let's hope I can put up some solid results. Either way I'll be writing about it on here. For those in the know who may be curious, I'll be piloting an Abzan Midrange deck. Why Abzan? It wins tournaments. I plan to win.

I think that's it for tonight's post. I do have other things I could write about, but I'm feeling pretty tired and I'm also just a lazy person. Maybe tomorrow's post will be more interesting? Who knows? Only one way to find out. Check back tomorrow and see what's up.

No comments: