Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A joke from Reader's Digest, and my thoughts on it.

Here is a joke i stole from a British Readers Digest. i am going to give you a whole running commentary. because i think this joke is interesting and i want to prove a point at the end. so here it is, my commentary will be in italics okay?

"The was a man who had three girlfriends and didn't know which one to marry."
Now fist off we know this guy is a jerk. Three girlfriends? how do you even pull that off?!?
"So, as a test, he gave each $5000 to see how they would spend it"
Well this would explain how he got three girlfriends! He's stinking RICH! I really don't understand the whole stereotype that girls only like money. I'm sure there must be girls who like guys, not dollars!
"The first girl had a head-to-toe makeover and bought a new wardrobe of clothes. 'I spent the money making myself pretty because i love you so much,' she told her boyfriend."
Now obviously this is the blond. no offense. she's stupid and most likely blond. Sorry but this girl would be an automatic NO-NO!
"The second one got a new set of golf clubs, an IPod, and huge TV to give to the man. 'I bought all these things for you because i love you so much,' she said."
Now this girl may not be the book smartest but she definitely knows men. But i have only one problem with this, can you legally get all that stuff for $5000? That expensive stuff!
"The third one took her money and invested in the stock market, doubling her money. She told the man: 'I wanted to invest in our future because i love you so much.'"
She may be the one with the most book smarts but she invested the money? How boring! But in the end she's probably the best girl. Or so i think. I like smart chicks! ;-)
"The man thought long and hard about how the women had spent their cash and decided to marry the one with the biggest breasts."
Cricket. Cricket. Oh wait, was that the punch line? Just kidding, i laughed it at first and then it hit me, do people really think all guys are like that? Is that the stereotype? That girls only like like cash and guys only like boobs? Oops, i said a naughty word, should i put and X-plicit content sign? maybe i will. anyway, i would like to defy that stereotype because i know that the human race is not that shallow. I truly do not believe humanity has truly sunk that low. anyway, there's a joke and my thoughts on it. i'm gonna quit using italics now.

Ahhh, there we go. doesn't it feel good to be un-italicized? it sure makes me happy. anyway, i'll write more about my trip later. i'm tired now. Cya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can the British come up with Monty Python and still make stupid jokes like this? Just wondering.

Kapten Clark said...

From what I could see of this Reader's Digest, it is all from America and they just do things like change "trunk" to "boot" -- so it's really not British humor at all!