Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A question....

Are you happy? that's what i thought today when i looked out my window and saw a guy so drunk he was having trouble walking. is that fun? i've never understood it. here in Estonia one of the most popular past times is drinking. i never understand it. when i ask my friend "what are you doing today" and they reply "going into the forest to drink" i don't get it. if you want to stumble around like an idiot you just have to spin in circles until you're dizzy. that IS fun. i do it with my little brother all the time. but what is the fun of getting drunk. everyone else here seems to see the fun but i don't. the main reason is not because i know from experience, not because i have done an extensive study into the effects of alchohol as a depressent (i haven't), but because anytime i see someone drunk they either are frowning or even if they're smiling it looks fake. so those are just my thoughts. i don't know if anybody who reads my blog drinks but if you do think next time, are you happy? does it really make you happy? because i still don't get how it's "fun"...

1 comment:

Erica said...

Mhm, your little story about alcohol made me think about the problem that we have in here in the UK.

In the uni, in City Campus where I live and study there are lots of food places and also a bar that belongs to the Student Union. And the bar is inside the learning centre where students go every day to use the library and computers.

Anyway others just go into that bar before lectures and after lectures and the reason they can afford it is that the drinks are cheap for them. Also it seems to me that most of the people in the UK go to the bars every week for many times just to get drunk and I don't like it.

So I agree with you Chris that alcohol is not good and its not fun to see drunk people on the streets.