Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Being an Adult is Stressful

This week has been exceptionally stressful. In Friday's post I mentioned how my plans had been messed, but I didn't talk about my wife's day. Jenny had planned to go out to Portland's First Friday Art Walk with a friend. It was supposed to be a leisurely day and a much needed break. Then Friday afternoon Jenny was called to an emergency meeting that didn't allow her to get home until almost 9pm.

Due to confidentiality I can't go into any further detail than to say it was a very serious and high stress emergency. Also, it didn't go all that well, setting up this week to be all about dealing with the fallout. So, that's where things stand right now. Soul-crushing stress.

My work life isn't nearly as stressful as Jenny's. Sunday was average and fine. On Monday there was more severe snow so my usual programs were cancelled. I am feeling some personal work-related stress, but not for reasons I care to elaborate on.

On Sunday Jenny and I went to a friend's house for a Magic cube draft. If you don't know what that is then feel free to read my post about it on the Meadery. We had a really fun time socializing and playing Magic. It's nice to have friends.

Speaking of my post on the Meadery, that's my weekend blog post. I put a lot of care and effort into my writing about Magic because it's something I'm passionate about, so I'm going to start counting those for my regular writing schedule.

Speaking of my writing schedule...yeah, about that. I'm going to say that my "official" schedule is still Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays but let's keep in mind that, like last week, I may always be a day late.

Because I'm an adult. And life is stressful.

Check back for more posts. If I have more cool Magic shenanigans my weekend post will be on the Meadery again. Now have a good night, and don't get stressed. It's bad for your health.

No comments: