Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Cold Annoyances Cookies...

Actually that should say cold and annoyences and cookies, but i'm to lazy to go and fix it. today was one of the coldest days so far this year. it was like someone said "hey, it's december 20th, time to get COLD. so of course this morning i had to get up out of my nice warm bed and go get wood from the shed, alwasy quite a cold enterprise but even colder today. but i'm proud of myself because i now can easily pick up the fully loaded wood carrier with one hand. it was like this last winter too, about the middle of december my muscles just got used to the daily (and sometimes twice daily) strain of getting wood. heres one annoyance to tell you guys about, last night after coming home from helping my drop off a van full of clothes at the "Kristlik Noorte Kodu" ("Christian Youth Home") i went to unlock the door with my key and, OH NO!! i fumbled it and it fell into the crack between the porch and the house, i've been worried that would happen for a while now. and even though it was only around 18:30 (6:30) it was already pitch black out. so now i can't get my house key out and that's a problem because my bike key was on there too. now thats not a problem now because in some areas there's a foot of snow on the ground and anyway my tire popped at the end of the summer. but next summer i'll need that key, and right now i need the house key, later me and Elizabeth (my 10 year old sister) will need to try to get it out, i need her help because she space is just to small for my hands.

so anyway, today we did something i love, something i've been waiting for for a long time...we made cookies!! we had wonderful ginger bread cookies, decorated with the sugariest (probably not a word) frosting we could find. in a word, yum. and now onto my main annoyance, i've been wanting to blog all day but this is what actually got me to do it. one of tyhe kids from the corps, named Andrei, is sleeping over at our house tonight, and of course, by our house i mean my room. whenever he stays at our house i get about 2 hours sleep (about 10 hours less than i need) and i wake up cranky. and i always sleep with my mobile phone and my pocket knife within easy reach when he's around. but today he's is especially annoying because he showed up with a "Eminem" CD. now of course he expected me to be excited that he has a Eminem CD but i've never had much respect for the rapper who's name makes me think of one of my favorite candies. but today he had a sure fire plan of how to make me like his CD, he had me listen to a nice song called "just the two of us" about Eminem and his child (i don't know if its a boy or girl). now for a while i thought it was a nice song, the first minute and a half were ok, all this nice stuff about building sand castles and playing together and stuff, all of it reminding me of my little brother peter (21 months old). until it came to the part where it said something like "...help daddy tie a rock around her feet and roll her in the water, no more fights with daddy, no more restriction order, no more mommy, wave goodbye..." and i said "no more Eminem, bye bye" and hit the stop button.

oh, woe is me. so much cold...so much annoyances...so many cookies!! i want cookies!! well anyway, hope i sleep well tonight. hope he doesn't bug me to play his CD to much (i will stubbornly refuse, as always). and hope i keep up this good habit of blogging, i really think it's good for me. now i gotta go, Cya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eminems child is a girl and if you want (i don't think so though) i can tell you why that song was written.....and no i'm not a fan of Eminem....just that i had to write about a famous singer and he was the one that there was a book about in the library..