Wednesday, December 21, 2005

"Jenga, Fight For Your Life Edition"

This is gonna be quick, i just wanted to blog and have all of you pity me because i lead such a dangerous life. today, as the sun was going down (so like around 16(3) o'clock), i had to go out and get more wood. i prefer to do this when the sun is out but...what you gonna do? once the sun has gone down, it's down. so anyway i pulled on my cool boots (i like them because they make me think "whoa, this type of thig was probably the type of footwear prefered by the people at the battle of hoth" (Star Wars episode V:The Empire Strikes Back)) and went to get the wood. as the cold wind cut into my face i thought about how annoying it was to have to keep getting wood, but about how inevitable it is *sigh* poor me. and then i went and started getting wood, first kicking open the door to the woodshed then chucking in the metal wood carrier. i then proceded to look for the pieces of wood best suited for the fire, and then played a tiny game of Tetris fitting the wood into the carrier. but the name of this post is "Jenga" not "Tetris". so then i had the carrier about half full and i was looking for some smaller pieces of wood, it's always good to have a mix of small and large wood. and then i found the perfect piece...right on top of one of the piles. now the piles are like 8 feet high and i'm like 6 feet. so i reached up and grabbed it, it stuck. i yanked a little harder, it stuck fast. i reached up and yanked with all my might, determined to get that wood and was rewarded for my efforts, i got the wood. only problem was i didn;t just get the one piece, half the stack decided to come with it. so, using my excellent video game honed reflexes, i did a kind of sideways jump thing, rolling into another pile of wood, which thankfully stayed up. and so then i stood up, dusted myself off, and started to dig out my wood carrier, now buried in wood. and thanked god that i didn't get killed playing my game of "Jenga, Fight For Your Life Edition" then i found my piece of wood i had wanted, cleared away enough wood for me to get out of the woodshed and carried a wood carrier full of wood into the house. and now, so that all may pity me, i tell the story for you.

THE END
Wasn't that great? so...you guys gonna start pitying me and telling me i'm a hero yet...? i'm waiting...oh come on...well whatever, Cya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice storie....but who would be so smart to get one good from 8 feet up when u can just nice one under 6 feet?....but yeah...good job....and by the way,...Jenga is a good game..

S.A Kristie said...

16.00 is 4 not 3 :) :P

Anonymous said...

why are these girls correcting you??? YOU ARE A HERO!!!

Anonymous said...

When you did this sideways jump out of harm's way, did the world go into slow motion and did you hear a sort of heartbeat or a "whoosh" or something? Cause you should put that in there too.