Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Continuing.......

I know i spelled that wrong but what ever! any way more now. so saturday morning after being rudely awakened (it wasn't that anyone did anything rude to awaken me, it was just rude to wake me up) we got up, had a nice breakfast, played uno and chilled all day. no kidding. we just had free time until 11 A.M., then went and went out into helsinki and just chilled. which was really fun because while Sarah, Evelin, and I were walking around we stumbled upon a river, well not really stumbled but you get the point. but the river was frozen over, so we did the obvious thing, picked up rocks and commenced to attempt to break the ice. the key word is "atempt", that was some strong ice. so of course were forced to go up on a bridge and try to break the ice from there. so with some satisfying thunks most of our rocks bounced off. i got 2 to go through, Sarah kinda got one to go through a little, but all the rest of our rocks just made cracks.

so after our adventures abroad we came back and donned our cool new red sweat shirts from the salvation army in britain and went and did a christmas party for the corps we were staying above. i got to have all the fun as they made me play a double role, i was both joseph and a christmas elf! what a contrast! as joseph i didnt do, just kinda stood around. you know, hanging out with jesus and mary, that kinda stuff. for mary i had kristel, one of the cool mission team girls (well, they're all cool so thats not saying much) and i had some violent shepherds behind me, who kept painfully whacking me with thier crooks. and then after that i had to quickly change out of my joseph costume, but the only problem was that angels were changing in the same room. and of course i had just put on my costume over my clothes, but aperently the young angels (all under 13 by my best guess) had not. so i walked in, half out of my costume, chatting with sarah (one of my violent shepherds) about linkin park and then as i finished getting off my costume and looked for a place to throw i turned and saw the angels in the middle of changing. i instantly turned and chucked my costume at the nearest chair i saw, narrowly missing the person standing next to it, then in one breath quickly said "the angels are stripping! joseph is officially outta here!" and quickly ran out into the hall to get some refreshments leaveing a laughing sarah behind me.

so then i had to play the part of a nice little christmas elf, kind of hard for someone my size. and i had to wear a red cristmas hat that must have been meant for toddlers. it was so small!! and so i shoved the demonic mini hat on my head (painfully) and proceeded to help santa carry in and hand out presents to all the little children, plus those two attractive teenage finnish teen girls...who i noticed came to me and anton's box rather than anneli and masha's despite the fact it meant they had to walk farther. so then after this it was our job to hand out the remaining presents to the mission team, quite nice little gifts. candy and a teddy bear. me and anton both gave our teddy's to our 2 favorite girls on the mission team, whose names will not be revealed at this time. ;-) well im sorry but once again i've gotta run, ill finnish tommorow, really. Cya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you better will....or i'll get bored....