Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hi, my name's Chris...yup

Yesterday was a very good day. in my opinion it was anyway, i don't know about the rest of you but i sincerly enjoyed it. so i'm gonna blog about it. yesterday i woke up around 9 and freaked out. i had estonian class starting in about an hour. and then at 2 i had to retake my estonian test. crap! so i jumped out of bed, shoved some food down and got ready for class. forget about homework, i just had no time. so i got to class and survived that fairly nicely, despite my nervousness about the test i would take later that day. so after class i went home and studied simple past in estonian language, which is actually not at all simple. ja ma ei teadnud seda("and i didn't know this" done in perfect negative simple past), so i failed it on my test the first time, but this time i think i passed. so after studying and eating some delicious "fantaasia" (fantasy) pizza from pappa pizza i went with my dad to retake the test. he had missed the first try so this wasn't a retake for him, but for me i knew what was on the test and i knew what i had failed. simple past, negative simple past, translation from english into estonian and conditional mode. nothing to hard, just that i was too lazy with it. so anyway i went and took the retake and apperantly out of everyone in my class i got the least wrong so i took the shortest time retaking the test and i was out of there in half an hour. since my dad had to take the whole test he was still going to be a while so i whipped out my trusty MP3 player and went for a walk up on toome hill and visited all the famous landmarks. my favorite part was when i walked across angel bridge, because i don't remember who but someone once told me that if you hold your breath and make a wish as you cross the bridge the wish will come true. so of course i made the obvious wish, not true love, not eternal happiness, i wished to pass my estonian test. and i feel quite confident i did.

but that wasn't the whole day, now at 3 i went and met up with my dad after his test and because we had got a letter saying we needed to go to toll control (really fun in estonian "tolli kontrolli") we went to see what they wanted. it seems that last year when my school books were sent from america to estonia one book, just one, was not taxed right and so we owed the government 17 kroon, about $1.50. so because of all the fun post-soviet beurocracy we got to wait almost an hour while they worked out all the legal junk just so we could give them 17 kroon. which to me doesn't seem logical for several reasons. first of all, how much to they pay employees per hour? much more than 17 kroon. how much did it cost for the paper, envolope and ink to send us that letter? maybe about 17 kroon. so that was very illogical waste of an hour. but i enjoyed it anyway. despite the fact that we were on the edge town in the middle of nowhere i went for a nice walk with my MP3 player and stopped into a tiny little store to buy myself some tsiki which sorry to all you estonians but my keyboard won't let me put in that wierd little "sh" s and every time i try my blog starts publishing this post. and as i was walking there and back i made myself look absolutely insane to all zero of the onlookers, singing along with my "X:Christian Rock Hits 2006" CD which i had just put on my MP3 player. and i have to admit i did really scare some birds because i'm not the greatest singer and so i seemed quite scary walking down the path belting out sanctus real's song "everything about you", going "EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, IT TAKES MY BREATH AWAY!! HALLELUJAH!!". i'm glad there were no other humans around. and as i sang and walked and drank my tsiki (ma arvan et tsiki on parem kui briki) i thought and planned this blog post. and i thought of something, we christians are really lucky. we have all the best love songs. maybe mainstream music has all sorts of great sexual songs or whatever but i think we definitely can't be beat when it comes to love songs. and so i thought about this and i found the logic, God is love, God's followers sing him great love songs, logical. so...yeah. that's that. so now i'm gonna go, i'll see you all later, buh bye!!

1 comment:

pia said...

tubli oled!:)
ja miks sulle tsiki rohkem meeldib?:P
so do ur best & answer in estonian, dude;)
tarzan is handsome:D