Friday, July 17, 2009

Some thoughts on blogging

I haven’t blogged in a REALLY long time. In fact, I feel that it’s been too long. I hope to make blogging a regular habit again, but for the time being I’m not so sure that will happen, and allow me to explain why. I am a writer, and I have a deep primal urge to write. I don’t understand why I have such an urge to write, but I just have a great desire to put down my thoughts, feelings, and life experiences down in words. It’s a gift and a curse, because when I don’t have my laptop with me but I’m filled with desire to write then I try to hand write the thing and then I feel fussy because I hate hand writing things. But it’s also a gift because writing so improves my life. I used to fulfill these writing cravings through my blog, finding a sweet pleasure in every single post. But this summer have I not been writing? Has my writer’s spirit been killed? Not at all. I merely have had a different writing outlet. This summer I have been having almost daily e-mail correspondence with Jenny, my girlfriend. When writing her I write more than I would in my average blog post because I know she cares to read it. So, because I’m already writing about my thoughts, feelings, and life far more intimately and intricately than I normally would on my blog I just haven’t felt like blogging about anything.

But now I think it’s a habit I need to take up again. Last year when I was at Houghton I just couldn’t find time to blog, and I would only blog when I was in an extreme, either extremely triumphant or extremely morose. So now, in the interests of blogging regularly at Houghton, I would like to start that habit again now. Ideally I will start blogging daily, but I may have to work my way up to that. Anyway, I will definitely blog later about Mayerm and how my summer has gone, because my life has actually been pretty eventful and I am quite sad to know that you have been missing out on it. I need to fill you in! You must be going crazy! All my crazy screaming fans from here to Mars must have been having panic attacks thinking I was dead! Don’t worry fan girls, I’m still alive! But I have a girlfriend now, so I guess none of you have a chance anymore. Sorry. Anyway, I’ll write a lot more this summer, because I quite enjoy it and I know there are at least some people in the world who do too.

Until next time,Your beloved Chris

No comments: