Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: The Recap

As I begin this post I'm sitting in a bus filled to bursting with Salvationist youth from around the country. It's loud, but communal of course. I'm writing on my phone, which is much less than ideal. That said, 2015 is almost over and I've posted a grand total of zero times this year.

So, this is the 2015 post.

2015 has been a turbulent year for me. Not necessarily bad, just...a lot. I may go into more detail in future posts, but for now I'll just leave it at that.

This past week I've been at Urbana, a massive Christian missions conference. I came here hoping for a clear direction for the future. I'm leaving with a collection of not quite clear options. I don't exactly know where I'm going from here as I leave Urbana, I just know I'm going.

Part of why I'm coming back to my blog right now is because I'm stubborn. Having zero posts in a whole calendar year just grates on me and I'm too obstinate to let it go. The other reason I'm writing this is because I miss my blog. I miss who I am when I'm blogging. I miss me.

So, here it is. The 2015 post. It's up there in the 2015 section. I can feel better about neglecting my writing for a year, at least for the moment. I'm challenging myself to start 2016 right by posting a blog post every day in January, so you'll be hearing from me again soon.

No comments: