Friday, January 01, 2016

January 1st, 2016. I'm back? Question mark?

As I write this I'm sitting at my desk. There's a pile of Magic cards and torn open envelopes from Pucatrade sitting next to my mouse, built up mail from my week away. My plane from St. Louis took off about six hours ago so, relatively speaking, not that difficult of a travel day. Regardless, my feet hurt and it's 11:30pm, so it's now or never for getting off my first post of my post-a-day challenge to myself. Tomorrow I have plans most of the day and Sunday I have work. I'm starting to remember why I was able to let a whole year go by without making time for writing.

So, I feel pretty happy that I made the time to post a blog post yesterday. 2015 was my blog's uncelebrated 10th birthday. I didn't want to break my decade long streak of being a writer who writes at least once a year. Ugh, this post is so negative. I'm remembering more reasons why my writing dropped off.

I've made a list of New Year's resolutions. I had planned to blog about them tonight, but, you know. Lazy. Only half an hour to write. Not going to do it. Tomorrow maybe? If I have time?

How about this: I can't think of anything I want to write about right now so here's a little preview of things I plan to write about in the future. You know, to whet your appetite. Because this post is basically going to serve as the cheese sticks of this meal I'm writing. It's not nutritional. It's not filling. But dang, so tasty because you haven't eaten all year.

Topics I will someday maybe probably blog about I guess if I follow through like an adult:
1. My New Year's Resolutions: 15 Ways I'll Make 2016 Better Than 2015
2. Remember when I said I was going to get into Magic: The Gathering? Well I did. It's been good for my mental health and well being. I should tell you about it.
3. Urbana was super cool. I could put pictures in this one. People like pictures. They're worth at least two words.
4. Um, Gamechurch? That's a cool thing I did in my life. You should read that one.
5. Work. I have a job. It's mostly good but sometimes bad. I could write at least 3 sentences about that. Probably.
6. My cat. I love my wife a lot, but I have more pictures of my cat. People like pictures.
7. My wife. I love my cat a lot, but I'm married to my wife.
8. Myself. Remember when I used to write about that? "Write what you know," they say. Well, I know me. I think. I'm working on knowing me (he said with an uncomfortable level of sincerity thinly veiled behind a facade of sarcasm.) Yeah, I should write more about me. I'm about as interesting as a sloth, and the Wikipedia page for sloths is longer than this whole blog post.

I didn't realize how short yesterday's post was. It looked longer on my phone, but then again my phone is, like, small. Sort of phone-sized as opposed to gaming-PC-monitor-sized. Maybe all my posts will be that size from now on? Without the list adding the illusion of length this post is actually pretty short. Perhaps this is just my life now.

Midnight is fast approaching. Time's up for this post, I guess. Oh look, a picture of my cat.

No comments: