Thursday, July 03, 2008

Whoa! Dude! Like, life is freaking out, yo! Totally, man! Dang, I'm using a lot of slang, homey!

Why am I using so much slang? I mean, I'm sho' yo ain't not used to me laying it down like that. Usually. But I'm freaked out at the moment. FREAKED. OUT. I have no better way of describing how I'm feeling. I'm like freaking. Why? Well, I just got an E-mail from the nice people at Houghton College telling some interesting info. What is this info? I just found out my room number and roommate! AWESOME! SWEET! FREAKADELIC! LIKE, TOTALLY, FLIPPING SWEET, YO! So, since I'm nice, I'll share that info with you too. That way you know which room to bomb and who to pay to smother me in my sleep. I will be living...
In Rothenbuhler Hall, room 216 with my roommate...
Derek Schwabe!
Don't ask me how to pronouce the last name. I don't know yet. And everytime I type it I leave out the C by accident. And I know that I will inevitably mispronounce it the first 5 million times. I don't really know anything about him yet. I added him on FaceBook, so we should be able to start talking soon. And hopefully by the time we get to Houghton we'll hate each other so much that we'll save ourselves time figuring that out once we get there. Or not. To be perfectly honest I can't see anything to indicate why we were put together. In my 3 second google stalk I found this:
http://wantagetwp.com/community/
which makes him sound totally awesome. So I wonder, what makes someone so awesome get stuck with me? Punishment?

So now I must wonder. Does he like the same music? Is he an avid gamer? Is he an insanely radical Christian? Is he a great writer? Does he have a great sense of humor? I just don't know. It seems he doesn't have a blog, so I can't find out about him there. But I did a quick check, if you google "Chris Clark Houghton" I'm the first thing that comes up. So if he stalks the same way I do he should be reading this post. So yeah, I'm freaked out. But anyway. I don't have much more I can say for now. Just do me a favor and pray for me, because I'm sure to screw up every first impression I make. And I also kind of worry that when Derek does his stalking of me and can't find anything but moderately funny and overly emo blog posts he'll be like "Yuck, why'd I get stuck with the MK nerd?" But whatever! I must be off now. I'm bouncing off the walls! That's a great Sugarcult song by the way. Anyway, Cya! Must be off to do some crazy celebratory dancing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Schwabe" is german, so I can tell you, how to pronounce it right! But if he pronounces it like this, is another question... ;-)

Gatzie said...

Is he single :P
Kidding, well sounds like you are going to have an awesome year :P

Sch u pronounce like Schwarznegger (Sch = ลก)
:P

lil ray of sunshine said...

please don't think i'm weird or creepy, although if i start out a comment like that you probably will...but your roommate, derek, is one of my good friends. he's a pretty cool kid. yes he's single, although he'd probably murder me if he knew i was posting this comment. all in all, he's one of the best people i know, and i'm pretty excited that i just found out your college is about 45 minutes away from my college. anyway, good luck.