Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I know it will take a special kind of nerd to appreciate this, but…

Well, I guess I just know a lot of special nerds. I don’t really know if I’ve ever blogged about Foam In the Liberal Arts (F.I.L.A.), the Nerf club at Houghton, or admitted that I’m such a big nerd, but I guess it’s about time. What is the reason for my sudden desire to discuss Nerf on my blog? Well, one unabashed reason. I’m prideful and I think, despite all cultural evidence to the contrary, that this makes me look cool. Also, Nerf is my time to unrestrainedly stroke my ego because of my toys. So, let the egomania commence!

I am proud to announce (brag) that I have invented my own custom Nerf mod: The Vigilante!


Since I’m ego stroking anyway I can give it whatever cocky name I want. This is an Alpha Trooper CS-18 blaster loaded with a Raider CS-35 clip and, here’s the kicker, with an attached Longshot CS-6 stock. My favorite part is that it’s held together with rubber bands. What’s cool about this modification is that, not only does the primary clip hold 36 shots, but the new stock holds the 18 round clip perfectly. What’s that? 54 shots with only one reload? Yes, yes that is what I’m bragging about. Also, because the Longshot stock is only connected to the Alpha Trooper through rubber bands the recoil vibrations of firing don’t transfer. No more sore shoulder! Oh, and of course the air restrictors have been removed as well, so the range is 30-40 feet depending on the dart and elevation. But most of all, it will just look cool!


Anyway, thank you for indulging my extreme nerdiness. I just feel pretty cocky and pretty happy about this. I’m looking forward to getting back to Houghton and really trying it out.


No comments: