Sunday, January 01, 2012

Merry New Happy Mas!

Or as the unfashionable say, happy holidays.


It's January 1st and that means three things: 1. It's a new year! 2. Resolutions, and 3. I'm overtired from being up late last night

Somewhere between watching Zero Punctuation that I never got around to and playing the dirt cheap games I got from the Steam holiday sale (Steam is my new love by the way, and I may just want to snuggle up with my Steam client and play my pile of new games for a while) I went to church this morning and gave some thought to New Year's Resolutions. What's that? I put thought into something that could lead to self improvement? Yes, I'm really losing it. Forgive me.

Back to the point though. I made a (unnecessarily lengthy) list of (doomed to failure) New Year's Resolutions and among those resolutions two in particular should matter to you, my devoted and adoring reader: 1. Blog daily, even it's as short as posting a comic and my thoughts, and 2. Write at least 1000 words a day. Oh, ouch, 1000 words? How is that possible? Well, if I was a real writer and would stop being such a wimp I would have been doing that much long ago anyway. But now I am resolving to do it! So now on this blog I will always have a new post and it may be up to 1000 words or more! I can just tell that the many people who have faithfully waited for another blog post from me are just squealing in excitement!

All sarcasm aside though, honestly, I'm just nervous. I haven't blogged consistently since going to college. That's three and a half years. I'm afraid three and a half years of writing education has ruined whatever writing talent I may have had back then. Really, I only felt I could return to blogging when I remembered that my posts don't get imported to FaceBook anymore so I don't have to worry about anybody reading them. Geeze, I never used to be this insecure. I guess writing publicly again will be good for me.

Anyway, the nice thing about returning to blogging as a 21 year old with a few years of writing education is that I've learned to pace myself. I know that I'm planning to blog every day, so I know I can save some things for tomorrow. I do have a lot to write about though. I mean, 2011 was awesome. I engaged in battle with a Statistics monster, I infiltrated the student senate, I became a top chef master, I began a hobby as a bumbling wedding planner, and I became an investigative journalist. Of course all those things will sound a lot less exciting when I actually write about them, but trust me, just pretend I really did fight a monster made out of pure, dark statistically horrifying academia and it will be awesome. So stay tuned, you've got a lot to look forward to. Tomorrow I will post about what Jenny, my nefarious female counterpart, and I did to celebrate the new year. Much epicness will be included.

Until next time, this is everyone's favorite blogger trying to get back into the swing of things,
Chris

No comments: