Tuesday, April 12, 2005

oh my gosh...what an interesting set of events

ok, now i'll tell you about the yugioh tournament. so i go out and get my bike and the day is one of those beautiful spring days, and it had rained the day before so it had a very nice spring smell. so i got my bike and raced to get there on time because last week i got there late so my first match was counted as a automatic loss, so i wanted to be early this time. so i get there 5 minutes til and i sign up and i'm surprised to see that theres only 4 other people signed up for the tourney (i'm gonna use teen slang because i don't like typing tournament) so i went and talked with my friends, traded, and played a few games before it started. now right before it started we had to fill out these little sheets that made us official members of the league and it said that we were registering with upperdeck entertainment which is the company that makes the game so i can only assume that they get mailed these slips so they know if the games popular or not. so now i have a pretty little membership card, just one more thing to lose...ugh. so then it starts and since there where five people one of us got randomly chosen to get an automatic win, that was me. so instead i traded with the other people. let me explain, there are 2 types of people who come. there are the people who came to enter the tourney, and then there are those who come to trade, talk, and refine their skills. so theres always people standing around willing to play or trade. so i handed off my 2 decks of cards that i trade for people to look at and i trusted they'd be ok. at first this guy who i knew was looking at them and then he wanted to duel so he gave the cards to some other kid who wanted to look at them so we went and dueled and then i went in search of my cards. they were no where to be found. so i asked my friends (i feel very proud that i've actually made some friends) if they'd seen my cards and they sayed no, and to ask the people to who worked there to try and find my cards. so they asked everyone about my cards and no one (admitted they) knew where they were. i think someone there shoved my cards in thier backpack. but i just pushed that from my mind and didn't care.

the weekly routine started again. "i want mirror force!!", "i'll trade anything you want for mirror force", "look, i have all five pieces of exodia, i'll trade them all for mirror force" and then my resounding answer..."NO!!!!!". i have this card, mirror force, that i guess only came out in america or something and it seems to make people go crazy with desire for it. it's a pretty good card, but not as good as people treat it. and it's pretty rare, come to think of it i've never met anyone who has one except me. but the things these people are willing to trade for it is amazing. but this card is a staple in my deck, its important, i need it. and i got it from my friend nick in america so it has the tiniest bit of sentimental value. and so today i got sick of having people constantly ask me to trade it so i made a deal with them. i was willing to bet it on a match, i would give that card to who ever could beat me. but they in turn had to offer up cards if i won. so i had three people who were willing to try it. one guy offered a few good cards if i won, one guy offered a few more not quite as good cards if i won, and the last guy offered me a pile of ok cards if i won. i went with the last guy. so our bets where on the table and we played best 2 out of 3. the first game i lost, i was just so freaking out nervous about losing that i made idiot decisions. but then for the second match i decided that i already had had cards stolen and i wasn't about to lose another one. so i just pretended like it was a normal game and i blasted him in the second 2 games and walked away with a pocket full of new cards. so then i had fun having more people ask me for my mirror force and i found a guy who had pretty good cards and also had people bugging him for cards so we sat and joked around and laughed at the offers of the people who offered to trade with us. all in all it was a good time, if only my cards hadn't been stolen.

the people said that they've had problems with people stealing cards in the past and so i should just keep a better eye on my cards in ther future. so now i'm home and hungry so i'm gonna go have a sandwhich. Cya later.

No comments: