Wednesday, April 06, 2005

that was embarassing...

i just got back from the kolgata youth group and i feel like an idiot (maybe i am?). it was interesting as always, raido preached which was cool. and they had someone who already was being translated for so i didnt feel like a total loser. so it had the pottential to be pretty good but...i kept coughing! im am feeling not at all sick anymore except...i keep coughing! so ya, the thing starts and right at the begining i have to leave f0r a minute becuase i was coughing so bad. i got outside and im not wanting to leave so i do the first the that comes to mind...i shove a handful of snow in my mouth! now the only snow left is extremely nasty and dirty (and it tastes pretty bad to) but it made me stop coughing, so it was worth it. so i go back in and for almost the whole thing im fine. until the end, when people were giving thier testimonies. so this one guy is taking FOREVER, giving his testimony in estonian. and he also just so happened to be my translater, so that left me clueless. so im sitting the and i just have this sudden urge to cough, i just coudnt control it, so again i have to leave and shove snow in my mouth. this time i still felt like coughing but i didnt care. so i go back in and like 2 minutes later im coughing really bad again and i just knew i had to leave for good this time. so i left, and now im home feeling like an idiot. oh, but on my second time out to get snow kristi and mariliis waved at me really nicely (they didnt wave the first time cuz they weren't there yet) and so that made me happy. so i just made myself look like an idiot but at least i got 2 teenage girls waving at me as consolation, and you know, i think thats a good trade off. ;)

1 comment:

miramis said...

I know exactly what you're talking about, Chris. I have been coughing for weeks already. The really embarassing thing was that I started coughing really bad every time I went to bed and other people in the house just couldn't fall asleep because of me :( But I have now been taking an effective medicine which has helped me a lot, maybe your doctor could write you a prescription? It's called Paramax-Cod.
Get well soon!