Sunday, December 07, 2008

Finally, something to celebrate

As you may have noticed from my more whiny emo post I haven’t had the greatest semester as far as academics go. I’ve been averaging a C, which pretty much sucks. C for crap. C for crud. C for Chris-can’t-you-do-any-better? Well, apparently I can! I wrote a Bib. Lit. paper which I got %100 on because I basically rock. If every assignment at college was writing I’d have a total 4.0 GPA. Writing is what I do well, not test taking. And another cool thing happened, since I was doing better in Bib. Lit. my friend Jenny painted my nails black! Isn’t awesome? And then I had something totally amazing happen! Yes, more amazing than black nails! I had a psychology group project on homelessness and schizophrenia that I’d been worrying about forever. My group wasn’t the best. I’ll leave it at that, because more than enough people have heard me whine about this project. Communication was bad, and our presentation was supposed to be twenty minutes long. When we got together on the day of the presentation and ran through it we found that all the stuff that the other four people in the group had prepared came to a grand total of…six minutes. The presentation was supposed to be twenty. I had made my own PowerPoint presentation with a kind of case study about a homeless schizophrenic women we’d known when my parents were stationed in Chester, PA. that was supposed to last about five minutes. I figured that with five peoples and twenty minutes if we each contributed four minutes we’d be good. But no, all four of them together had six minutes, including a video and a skit. Wow, crappy situation. So my five minute thing became an eleven minute long presentation of awesomeness, covering a bunch of the information that should have been covered in the PowerPoint the other guy made. So I made our presentation work, thank God. I had been stressed out about it for so long. And then best part came at the end. The part I am now celebrating! Our group got an E-mail from our professor saying, “I thought Chris’s case study at the end of the presentation was the most well thought out and thorough aspect of your presentation. It actually did the most to clarify how schizophrenia might lead to homelessness – especially one with paranoid schizophrenia. This material was delivered “knowingly” and well. It helped to have the slides up there as Chris was talking us through it.” which made me so totally happy! I’m so glad he liked my awesomeness! And the best part came when I went on Synapse to check my grade and saw something amazing…I, who average a C…got a NINETY-FIVE!!! Wow! Yay! I’m thrilled and greatly encouraged. I’m not an idiot! I’m not a failure! This is just about the most exciting thing ever! Life just seems to be going so well at the moment. And I’m so full of hope and happiness. This is perfect.

Now, as I mentioned, I now have black nails. And last night I was considering dying my hair black. Why would I do these things? And why now? Am I emo? Am I depressed? (Sorry, redundant) Am I on drugs? None of the above really. I’ve just always wanted black hair and black nails! And now I can. But why am I now? Well, because I just want to. And other than that what I’m using for my excuse is college. College is a time when most guys experiment with girls. I think you know what I mean. But anyway, because I’m not into experimenting like that, instead I’m dying my hair and painting my nails! With girls! So that’s how I experiment with girls here at college. And I enjoy it a lot. Black nails are excellent. And when I grow my hair out some more just imagine how awesome it will be black! Yeah! I’m convinced this will be awesome!

But anyway, as you may have noticed I’m totally enjoying college. I feel like such a college student at the moment, and me explain my surroundings so you’ll understand why. I’m sitting in a car with my friend and neighbor Joe, my blog buddy and fellow hopeless romantic Dave, and Derek, my epic roommate. We’re on the way to church right now, but yesterday we did the same thing up to Olean to go shopping and we were playing Rihanna and rocking out and dancing. It was great! So, writing in a car while rocking out to Rihanna. It’s great. And now I’m writing on the way to church while listening to Vanessa Carlton’s, “A Thousand Miles”. It’s great. Again! Yeah! I’m loving college life. And now I’m both enjoying the fun bits and doing better academically. Life is good all the way around. And Christmas is coming up. I am quite happy. But now I should go, but aren’t you glad I blogged again? And aren’t you glad it’s happy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

I'm the other way around - I got straight A's last quarter, but this quarter I'm taking a writing class, and I'm going to have to write a total of probably close to 30 pages between now and February. Which will not be so good for my grades. Oh boy...

Gatzie said...

If u dye your hair black i swear i will come to America and personally kill you, your skin is pale enough, you dye it black and you will look dead. I have a proposal, stripe your hair with black stripes, it will give you a natural look....