Friday, May 13, 2011

Frustrations and Excitements

So, Blogger is down tonight. That’s frustrating. I guess I’ll just post this in the morning or something.

In case you’re reading this on Facebook or hadn’t noticed I had completely updated my blog layout. I had kept the same basic parchment template from 2005 because the whole parchment thing goes well with this being a chronicle. Get it? Well, I have to give credit where it’s due. The snazzy parchment background I have now I snagged from sinnedaria on DeviantArt. Thank God for Deviants! Anyway, doesn’t it look great? You should comment and say it looks great. I dare you.

Also, there is now a “Follow by E-mail” option on the right side of my blog. In my opinion that’s the best way to follow a blog so humbly suggest you enter your e-mail address…yo.

Other than the excitement of the follow by e-mail thing and my new layout I have one other big excitement tonight: I am finally done with the Life @ Houghton blog (http://blog.houghton.edu/author/chris/) for what I have been a paid writer this year. It’s not that it was bad work it’s just that I was bad at it. I was terribly inconsistent which just meant I had two blogs to feel guilty for neglecting instead of one. Except this one was paying me so I felt like more of a failure. Anyway, I’m glad to have that out of the way. My permanent to-do list looks much emptier. Also, now when I post pictures of beautiful Houghton nature I don’t have to filter out the pictures of beer cans I found in the woods. Yup, it happens at Houghton too. Those naughty, naughty sinners. Whatever.

Well, that’s a quicker blog post tonight, but I also posted on the Life @ Houghton blog and Blogger is down so I feel justified in being shorter. Now I will listen to NPR podcasts and feel superior. Goodnight!

P.S. At the moment I am also missing my most recent post previous to this and my cool new layout. Be patient and have faith in the Blogger deities, my writing shall be returned!

No comments: