Saturday, February 11, 2006

oh cursed am i....just kidding!! (with a special geust)

fmn nfhmrjtfujrj m,eriuasaznfZfvn d rfvj f p et e r sxsjewo3wnqR5D

that was my brother peter, he thought he should his input on this post. isn't he a great special guest? anyway, the reason i wrote "oh cursed am i" was partly to make you guys go "not again..." and partly because i do think there is some sort of conspiracy going on. remember when i said i'd be fine because i was opening a new game? well there's a funny story about that so i'll tell you about it. i got this game, star wars:republic commando, for christmas from my aunt and from the second i first saw it i knew it would be bad luck. not because it was a crappy game, far from it. not because it was rated AO (adults only) for blood, gore, and mature sexual themes, it definitely had nothing like that to make it bad luck. the only thing to make it bad luck was this, i had asked for it on X-box (always my prefered way of playing a game) and gotten it on computer. now for me i don't care to much what gaming platform my game is on, and it was quite a simple mistake, but i had a bad feeling about this game all the same ("i have abd feeling about this." "shut up han solo!"). so i decided to save it for a time when i was bored out of my skull with my other games, which just so happened to be this last week. so i opened up the box, unwrapped the CD and stuck it into my computer. i have installed so many games so many different times that i know how it works. "insert disc one, manual install, go into start under 'lucasarts', let it install until it asks for disc two, insert disc two, press continue, flip through manual until game is done installing" pretty basic stuff for a veteran gamer like me. but i was pumped and excited about this game, i really, REALLY wanted to play. i had played a demo on X-box and it was soooo cool, so i was jumping in my seat going "come on come on come on!!!!" i waited until it asked for disc two and then took out disc one and put in disc two, and pressed continue imediately, wait, that's not right. i'm supposed to wait a minute for the computer to recognize the disc before i do that!! AHHHHH!!! well not really so big an "ahh" more of a "ahhh". a little box popped up saying "bla bla bla, bla, bla bla, program will terminate, bla, bla, bla bla." so whatever, that set me back fifteen minutes, who cares, i repeated the process, this time taking my time, reading the manual twice through as it installed, and it worked perfectly. i was very happy. but the problem was i had twenty minutes left on the computer, well, i thought that maybe playing the first mission would only take twenty minutes anyway so i booted up the game and got ready to party!!! the game started up just fine, i created an acount as "Kurisu" (if you ever see the name kurisu anywhere it is most likely me, because besides my blog and one of my email addresses i never use my real name online) which is my name in japanese and also my video game alias/nickname. so i started a new game and it said "The Beggining" and the ever annoying but oh so familiar phrase all we gamers know so well "LOADING". and it loaded in about a minute, longer than i'm used to waiting for a game but i kept telling myself "this is a really good one, it's worth the wait". ten minutes went by, the game now said it was fully loaded, but the hard drive had stopped making noise, never a good sign. i tried hitting escape (esc) nothing. i tried hitting enter, nadda. i tried hitting the space bar, repeatedly, not even a little thing happened, nothing at all. and finally, defeated, i hit the ever faithful combo "ctrl, alt, delete" and i waited. nothing happened. i tried again, and again, and again. nothing. so i finally called my dad up to help, and he tried everything i tried and he couldn't make it work. so we had to shut it down the nasty way, pressing the button, the EVIL button, and the computer turned off. i tried again the next day with the same results. and finally figured out that my computer just isn't compatible with such a great game. so now i hate my computer, but whatever, i probably would have hated my computer for something anyway.

well anyway, what did you think of that story? fun? i know you guys love to laugh at me, but the good thing is i now have a diabolical plan. when i go back to america i am going to sell some old computer games, some old x-box games, some old nintendo 64 games, and my x-box and use all that money to buy an x-box 360, which is just as good as an x-box only better. and i would keep all my good x-box games because i can still play them on the 360. if i buy the 360 used then i might be able to afford just with the money from what i sell. so that's my diabolical plan, so if any of you have crappy games then i'd be more than happy to them off your hands because even selling a game for 10 dollars is something. sell 15 games for 10 dollars and i can buy a new 360, now that's an idea... but anyway, i just want to say some things to two people. kristi i know your my friend but i have some bad news for you. hawai was a bad place for you to move because now i have two reason's to come to hawai some time, 1 because hawai is cool, and 2 because you live there. so don't surprised if someday you see me walking around hawai looking lost. and sarah, you got me a birthday present? oh oh oh!! what is it!!! the suspense is killing me!!! but whatever. just wanted to tell you that us losers here in estonia miss you, yes, even me. we never noticed how much we all liked you until you were gone...so sad...*sniff* but whatever, you also picked a bad place to move because i have half a million reasons to visit pennsylvania, so someday i will definitely show up with a root beer in one hand and a cheese steak in the other. now good bye everyone, i'm hungry and i wanna go eat!!

No comments: