Monday, October 03, 2005

Our Corps A-Sploded! ;-)

Yesterday was Sunday, (was it? I think so…) well anyway guess how many people we had! 15! Including my family, but hey, 10 then! So we had 10 whole people who came just because! That’s like totally awesome! We had 3 people from the homeless shelter, 4 teens from Kavastu (right outside Tartu) Andre and Liis from Tartu and I can’t figure out who the 10th person was, but whatever. So that was really awesome. And then afterwards we had a really cool Sunday school because we had so many teens, and then Elizabeth’s friend Etthel came too. So that was cool. So from Kavustu I mentioned we had 4 teens, we had Maret, Jaanika (with the J pronounced like a Y), kuido, and (I know I’m spelling this wrong) Siggret(?). Kuido, Jaanika, and Maret had all come to the youth group on Thursday, so it was awesome they actually came back! I thought they’d come and be like “you want me to come back to this place? And be with these wierdos? No way!” but apparently they liked it, because they came back. And one very nice thing was that Siggret was a red-head! I don’t think I’ve seen a real, natural red-head since I’ve left America!

Well, I’m sorry to be greedy but I want to take some credit for the corps growth, let me tell you how we got so many teens. Last march I went to a English camp and in my small group was a teenage girl named Liis. We talked a little but we weren’t really friends or anything. Then at another English camp this summer, I met her again on the bus, and it seemed she’d met a new friend on the bus, an extrodinarily talkative girl named Maret. Now since this girl was so talkative she talked to everyone, non-stop, even to me. So now me, her, and Liis all got to be good friends. And through those friendships we’ve gotten new youth from Kavastu, and I’m waiting for Liis to bring some of her friends to church. So sorry, I just wanted to take some credit for that.

Now like I said some people from Kavastu came on Thursday, so all together we had 3 from Kavastu and 2 from Tartu (not including me). And we had a nice time then too. And one interesting question came up, where’s hell? Well answer this question I simply said “where’s heaven?” now of course Liis, who had asked the question answered by pointing up and saying “up there”. Now of course I’m a kinda scientific guy, and so I know what’s straight up, stars, planets, and galaxies. Not heaven, and I said so. So now we have these mostly unsolved questions, where are heaven and hell? And now I want to do something I don’t think of done before, I’m am sick and tired of just writing out into a blank void, I want ALL of you who read this post to comment and tell me your opinion on this question, and I will show the results to the youth group. It’s not that hard to comment, just click the little thingy on the bottom of this post, and I will quite thankful to you for commenting. Well and, I gotta go, Cya


And don’t forget, comment on the question “where are heaven and hell?”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so were is heven and hell.....well i have to anwer smart cuz ur gonna tell this to my friends Jaanika Kuido and Sigrit (thats how its spelled)...i think heven is where u feel great....the everything is perfect and ur tottaly happy....so it can be everywere......and hell is where u feel tottaly misreable....so it can be everywere also.....ang good job on spelling 2 out of three....but yeah u had 4 teens from Kavastu....or i'm not a teen?...ok now everyone can see that i'm talkactive.....and ur welkome to get the credit...but i'm gonna take some too.....i ivited them remember....ok Cya

Kapten Clark said...

I don't think this so much answers the question of "where" is heaven or "where" is hell, but after reading Maret's comment, I will try to comment on "what" they are.

Hell is separation from God. So there are people who are choosing to live hell-on-earth. And they will continue to be separated from God even after death, because this is what they have chosen. (The Salvation Doctrines refer to this as "endless punishment"!)

Heaven is continual praising of God, so again, there are people who are living heaven-on-earth, and will continue praising God, living in His presence, even after they die. (The Salvation Army doctrines refer to this as "eternal happiness"!)

http://www2.salvationarmy.org/ihq/www_sa.nsf/vw-dynamic-arrays/4FBD2041D52325CC80256D4E003B6CFA?openDocument