Thursday, October 25, 2007

All packed and ready to rock and/or roll! (Goodbye Estonia....)

Well as you may have guessed from the title of this post, I’m all packed and ready. In just a few hours I’ll be “going on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again, oh babe I hate to go…” You get what I mean right? But though it’s late I can’t sleep, so instead I’m writing you this post. I wanted to tell you what I did tonight after I got you guys all excited with my last post. I know you’ve all been wondering things like “Who is Nadia?” or “How hot is Nadia?” and most important, “How good of a duelist is Nadia?” and also the question many people ask when they hear that a new girl has joined my group of “girlfriends” (friends who are girls. Nadia is chick #4) “When is Chris going to marry Nadia!” Anyway, for those of you who didn’t read my monstrously long last post I’ll give a little background. Elis tells Chris “I have a new girl to come and be nerdy with us” Chris tells Elis “Juhhei! I thought was the only person on earth still playing Yugioh” and to finish Elis tells Chris “She’s excellently good, and will wipe the floor with you in a nerd card game! You’ll love it!” so Chris…I mean I have waited several days to meet this girl wonder who would beat me up and be my friend. First problem though was that she was 30 minutes late. Bad. Then we go to duel (play a game of Yugioh) and rather than the high tension thriller duel between 2 powerful opponent that I was hoping for it ended up being a one sided and all to quick one sided walk in the park that left me feeling rather guilty for winning so completely and quickly. Most people would say “Good, you won!” but it’s not the victory as much as the struggle to get there that makes things worth it. I always say I wish life were easier, but if it were I’d be bored out of my skull. So I was quite disappointed, especially after Elis had gone through Nadia’s deck and gone “Ooohh” and “Aaahhh” Every few seconds. But Nadia had told me from the start that her game is, in her own words, MTG (Magic The Gathering) and she is not, as I had been led to believe by Elis, a Yugioh master. So then after some very one sided trading (still guilt ridden from my easy victories I traded some of my good cards for some of her better junk. You never know, maybe she’ll surprise me and get better somehow) we left the corps and walked through Old Town, and talked and joked. Its great being with a similar nerd because you can make jokes no ones else would get. (Yugi, “Bla bla, cards games bla.” Pegasus, “Bla bla bla, attack mode, Bla.” Yugi, “Bla bla bla?” Pegasus, “Bla!”) Very fun. Then at Viru Gate I said good-bye to my friends who I won’t see for a whole month…

And I felt quite sad about it. It made me think. If I’m this sad leaving my friends for a month, how will I survive going to college? I have serious doubts that anyone at either of the colleges I’m considering has quite my style of nerd. But I can hope and pray. Anyway, now I’m home, listening to a mix of all my favorite American music (“Famous Last Words” by My Chemical Romance, “Paralyzer” by Finger Eleven, “Sweetness” by Jimmy Eat World, and “All that I’ve got” by The Used) and a little German too (before a trip to America you just have to listen to Rammsteins “Amerika” because it’s “Wunderbar!”). And our power just went out a second ago (the great plus of blogging on a laptop is that if the power goes out, my post doesn’t! But now It’s back so everything’s happy. So pretty soon I may be seeing some of you…I can only hope. I am hoping to see some of the girls I’m stalking (at the moment I have three, I got a new one today) and I should see at least one. We can only hope. Anyway, I need to go get some sleep now. 4 hours of sleep will be worth it (I hope). Anyway, keep watching, because I’m hoping to keep you posted about how life goes in America. Tell you about my college visits and all that. I actually had a really weird dream last night about visiting Thomas More. I had gone to bed thinking about Nadia and Yugioh and college. So in my dream a group of Russian girls at Thomas More stopped me and told me that to be accepted to Thomas More I would have to beat them all in duels. Then, sort of like those dreams where you find out you forgot to put your pants on, I had the wrong deck, and through horrible stupidity got my butt kicked and was told that I would never be able to go to college because I was too stupid to beat a bunch of girls at a children’s trading card game. It was freaky. I’ve actually been having a lot of college related dreams lately. Not all bad, but mostly (Recently I had a good one that my roommate was a super special awesome nerd who loved nothing more than playing with friends (like me) on his X-Box 360 and playing nerd card games with his other nerd friends. It was a nice dream, but I know that neither the nice nor the bad will happen. Everything will work out for the best, and with a total lack of nerdiness. Oh well, I guess I can always just read Acts of Gord (www.actsofgord.com), play Ben ‘Yahtzee’ Croshaw games (www.fullyramblomatic.com), and watch Yugioh Abridged (www.yugiohabridged.com) for my daily dose of nerdiness. That’s life. Anyway, I really have no more excuses to continue blogging, so I’ll see you all in America!



P.S. I totally endorse those 3 websites, but with a warning, none of them are for the faint of heart and/or easily offended. So now that I’ve warned you please don’t come screaming at me with your hatred of nerdiness. Cya!

No comments: