Tuesday, October 30, 2007

In case you were wondering, I'm still in America...

Don’t you just love my posts that freak out some, irritate others, and makes whoever is left just want to attack me with shurikens and kunai? I know I do! And I think my last blog post may have achieved that. But I don’t ever apologize for my blog, unless I’ve insulted pokemon. That’s the only time I ever apologized on this blog. I’m still not happy to be in America. And I’m sticking to that. Part of why I don’t like it is the way it changes me. I look at everybody and think “they have 20 GB Ipods that work perfectly, I have a 1 GB MP3 player that is in several pieces.” Or “they have a GameBoy DSes while I have a couple of battered, scratched, and barely working SPs.” Or even “they have their own personal portable DVD players while I have no DVD playing anything. Oh wait, I have an X-Box, but it’s a hunk of crap that I’ll be lucky to get 20 bucks for. And it does play DVDs, games or music anymore. So BOO-HOO!!!” Even though this has been the situation for months, if not years. The situation that everybody has better everything than me (I forgot to mention everybody’s cool “in-style” clothes next to my literally ripped second hand clothes) but it hasn’t bugged me because I’ve been far away, were in comparison to everyone else I live in luxury. It’s really quite frustrating. There are adds everywhere. Even on the milk! I go to eat breakfast and the milk tells me to buy some crap DVD!! It’s not nice!!! Well anyway, welcome to America. Fat is the word. “Freaking Annoying, Totally!!” Urgh, this isn’t culture shock, this is…I don’t know. It’s the black hole of America trying to suck me in, and knowing that is my greatest fear. I will not surrender to the greed. I will not surrender to the “money is life” mindset. I will not judge myself by my insignificant stuff!!!!! I have much higher and better standards to judge myself by. Because though so many America have it so good in the electronics, clothes and house departments, I carry my bible in my bag, NOT my Ipod (which I don’t have) NOT my DS (which I don’t have) and NOT my portable DVD player (guess whether or not I have it). Anyway, that’s another pointless rant of my impotent rage at life in America. Don’t know how I’ll survive next September…anyway, must go be un-American, Cya!

P.S. If you are some sort of secret service agent and think I’m being terrorist-like and un-patriotic than pull out your sniper rifle and hit me…

5 comments:

Priit said...

I didnt like the ending,it sounded miserable >(P.S... then shoot me. ) Well im glad you havent went do the temptations. Just remember how many days left when you gonna leave America and come back to Estonia :P

Anonymous said...

Hey, my MP3 player is only half a GB. So there.

Erica said...

Hi Chris, the sad American in America,

well, I agree with Priit- just be strong and think about being back in Estonia.

I have a question, if you do not like to be in the US then why you went there for the furlough? Heheh, I guess its a strange thing to ask, but it just came up on my mind when i was reading your last entry.


xoxo

Erica

Gatzie said...

Awe Chris...i wish i could care....but i dont...ID RATHER BE IN AMERICA THEN SCHOOL....but i am not anviing u...its nice in estonia..u will probobly miss out the first snow...:D

Gatzie said...

hey...well hold on there..soon ull be back in heaven...that is ...Estonia...:D