Thursday, October 04, 2007

I am the Essay master! I'll kick your Essay! (Plus a much awaited apology, and more taunting from Finnish bands.)

Yesterday I sat down with my Houghton application and I read it over and said to myself “It’s seems they want not one, but two essays from me to go along with my application. Guess I should get started!” so 903 words later I had two beautiful new essays on life, the universe and everything (42). But mostly about my relationship with Jesus and about a trip that impacted my life (I picked Battle School). So hopefully these two wonderful works of writing will win me a place at Houghton. Normally I tend to be kind of sarcastic and exaggerate, but I’m serious when I say these two essays rock. I did a good job on them, and am very proud. And you should be too. Not proud of me, but proud of how much you’ve helped me. How was I able to pump out two beautiful essays in under an hour? I’ve been practicing for roughly three years on my blog. And therefore you have helped me by reading my blog, commenting and encouraging me. So now I give you all a big heartfelt round of applause for just being so dang good at reading my junk. Thanks everybody. But anyway, it’s very uncharacteristic of me to spend so much time thanking people on this blog, so I’ll stop now. But I do have just on last thing to say. Keep reading my blog, because someday, when I’m rich and famous, and use million dollar bills as toilet paper, I’ll still be writing on this blog. And someday, when I get some great award for doing something all cool and heroic or something then in my acceptance speech I will mention you, my loyal readers. But as I already said, that’s more than enough cheesy “thank you”s. If you overdose on that stuff it could make you sick.

Anyway, a while ago I wrote a post about getting a job at MegaGame, and on that post I put a picture of Pokemon Vs. Yu-Gi-Oh! which caused something of an outcry among the more legalistic anime watchers out there. My friend Matt put it rather nicely when he commented saying “Pokemon = monsters. Fluffy, cute, harmless monsters, but still monsters.Yugioh = Playing cards. Playing cards imbued with the spirits of ancient Egyptian demons [Monsters], but still playing cards.You've heard all those stories about pets eating people's yu-gi-oh cards, right? Now imagine that pet was a Charizard. 'Nuff said.” sad, but true. Only that Yugioh also has monsters, not demons. Demons is Inuyasha, or Naruto with his demon fox. But it is true that the cards would be rather useless when compared with a big fire breathing hunk of anime. And in the case of the picture I believe that Yugi/Yami’s hair would act as a lightning rod, meaning that if Pikachu were to try fighting the paper/cardboard card of Slyther then it would have “shocking” results for Yugi/Yami. I wish I had air like that…Anyway, I am sorry for my anime inaccuracy. From now on I will try much harder to keep my blog anime-realistic. And let’s just forget the fact that Yugi/Yami and Ash and Pikachu would never met in real because they’re not real. And they wouldn’t meet in anime world because they are from two very separate anime that could never mix. So there you have it, my official apology, now you can rest assured that my blog is now anime fallacy free.

Anyway, the final thing I need to blog about is something so horrible, so terrifying, so downright wrong that it could end up making you very angry at the world for taunting me.First NightWish came and I couldn’t go. Then I found out NightWish is coming AGAIN on December 28th, mere weeks before I turn 18 and would be able to go. And now, on October 10th, Apocalyptica is coming over from Finland and playing (If I remember correctly) at Saku Suurhall. Meaning I would be able to go, if I weren’t BROKE! And I would just do another little MP3 player concert like I did with NightWish except that my MP3 player is broke too, just in a very different sense. So now I have the tortured knowledge of knowing that two of my three top Finnish bands are coming and I will never see any of them. All I need to be truly tortured is have The Rasmus play somewhere were I won’t be able to go for some ironic and taunting reason. At least Evanescence hasn’t taunted me yet, because that I just couldn’t take. But anyway, I most go now. As always feel free to comment saying how much you love me. Cya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might think this is interesting, Chris. Yesterday one of my friends came over with his 360 and Halo 3, we played for like 45 minutes when suddenly... BROKEN! That's right, completely stopped working, never to run again. I looked it up online and it said yeah, that error message means your 360 will never work ever ever again. So yeah, it's totally Microsoft's fault. Even their shiny new Xbox 360s are malfunctioning pieces of junk. Now a Gamecube... those things are built like a brick. Seriously, you have to be trying to break one of those things to even dent it. No loading times on the Cube, either. :)