Sunday, August 31, 2008

College: Chapter One

I need to just start out by saying that I stole this title of this post from my friend Elisa, the picture from my friend Anya, and the impetus to actually write from my friend and roommate Derek. I saw Elisa's status on FaceBook and thought it was cool, so I used it. I don't think she'll mind. I was looking through Anya's pictures and was pleasantly surprised to see that she is an excellent photographer. Or photographess. Whatever. I didn't ask permision to use this picture, even though I really should of. Well, I will, and I'll just assume she won't hate me. And my roommate, Derek, has been reading my blog, and he kept saying I should blog. Well, knock and the door will be opened to you. I'm blogging. I've been doing really well since I got to college. The fact that I can list three friends at the beginning of a post shows how well I'm doing. And that's just three of them, there's more. But if I tried to name them all this post would start to resemble the genealogy of Jesus. Long and boring.

Anyway, I'm hungry and should be running off to breakfast soon, so I'll give you the abbreviated version. The TCK (Third Culture Kid) Transition Program was excellent. I made a lot of good friends there, and had a lot of. And now that the TCK program is over I'm trying to spend more time with SCKs (Single Culture Kids, a term I just invented) because I like to have lots of friends in lots of different groups. So I'm happy. Yesterday we went to Letchworth state park, the Grand Canyon of the East or something along those lines. It was pretty cool. And I got to hang out with a lot of people, so I'm happy. Though I still need to put the pictures on FaceBook. Now I'm off to breakfast and then "new student worship service", which actually kind of unnerves me because I don't think us new students should be worshipped. But whatever, I'll take it as it comes. So anyway, I really should go now, my stomach is whining for cafeteria sustenance. The food, by the way, is pretty good here. And also, well I'm doing "by the ways", I'm writing all of this on my brand spanking new Lenovo R61 super extra special awesome laptop from heaven. It came down in a ray of light, with angels flapping around it, guiding it slowly to Earth, where, through a divine power it found it's way to it's rightful owner, me. I think I'll name it Bob. No, Bob's an overly used name. Let's name it something better. Well, I'm not naming it right now, I'm going to breakfast, I'll try to write again soon, Cya!

1 comment:

jsi said...

Hi Chris, my name is Jessie. I have followed your blog before, and now that you ar ein a different location, I'll follow again.
Good news about the laptop, enjoy chapter 1.