Monday, May 29, 2006

Man do i love Tallinn....

Yo, just got back from another long, boring trip to Tallinn only this time i have a god story to tell. this story will prove i rock. this story has to do with angels, coke cups and hessburger. confused yet? good!! let me explain. at four on saturday i was supposed to meet up in raekoja plats (town square) with my friends Anton, Anelli and Evelin. on my way walking there i saw a strange sight. angels!! not the halelujah kind of angels but more the chicks with foam angel wings strapped to their backs type. i flashed them a smile and one of them gave me a flirty little wink and i walked on. after getting to raekoja plats i called my friend Anton and he rode up on his bike and we went to hessburger to meet up with some friends of his who were advertising what he said was "sweet angle" candy. i said i had never heard of sweet "angle" candy and asked if he meant sweet "angel" candy. he did. so we went to hessburger and bought some cokes and sat down with our two fallen angels (fallen because they were on break and had taken thier wings off) and talked about anything and everything (they didn't speak english so my poor brain got quite a work out pumping out all that estonian) until in a acft of extreme boredom me and Anton decided to show them "the cup game". if you've ever watched "zoom" in america, or spent much time with me in estonia then you probably know the game. it was fairly lonely at first, just the two of us passing the cups accross the table all to our own rockin' rythym (is that how you spell the word?) until two random girls sitting at the table behind and to the right of us said they wanted to play too. it was true love at first sight. one girl had the same bracelet as me (you know, the "P.U.S.H. pray until something happens" one) only hers was green. so now with six people we played the cup game until our hands were numb and the hessburger workers gave us nasty looks. it was quite fun. so then after this our angel friends went back to work (they were advertising on viru street...hmmm. sorry all non-estonians that a estonian only joke) and me, Anton and our two new girlfriends, Ragne (i think) and maria (i think) went fr a walk through old town and finally ended up in a park i never knew existed and sat down on the grass to eat some mandarins. so we sat and talked and the girls decided that they wouldn't talk to me unless it was in estonian, forceing me to practice more estonian (my poor brain) and i learned a new verb, jalatama, to stalk. because me and Anton were stalking these poor girls. not that they minded much. they asked us to come. but anyway as we talked more i heard that they were going to the Rebecca St. James concert that every other christian in the country except me was going to. not that i don't like Rebecca St. James, i just don't want to scrounge up 200 kroon for a ticket. so then we split up (so sad) and they refused to give anton their phone numbers or E-mails ("i forgot it", what flirts estonians are) to Anton but the one girl, Ragne, gave me her E-mail. so i feel very proud of my skill with the feminine side of humanity. but the only problem is she said i can only E-mail her in estonian, that should be interesting.

anyway, this whole experince made me start thinking about my three favortie "school" subjects. these are extra curricular studies that i take on for the pure love of the knowledge i gain from them. first of there's cultural studies. which basicly means getting my butt into the culture. which really means hanging out with estonians. so every time i go out with friends its school work. it's cultural studies, duh. then of course there is music studies. which goes hand in hand with cultural studies because it mean listening to my friends musi and seeing if i like it. at the moment on my MP3 player i have some deepack (don't ask what deepack is, i still don't know) which i am listening to because my friend Ats is a fan of this type of music. plus this particualr song (DJ Noiserr vs. Deepack-The Prophecy (Qlimax Anthem Pumpin' Mix) whew, long name) has this wicked cool part where this dude goes "what? over? did you say over? NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL WE DECIDE IT IS!!" and then the music goes all cool. and thats just cool. and then my third and final extra curricular study, which is by far the most important, dificult, dangerous and enjoyable. i call it female studies. no, i'm not talking about female BODY studies, no need for that. i mean study of the femal mind. which means see the way all you nasty smelly chicks react to things. like right now your reaction is "i'm not smelly!!" see, i've been doing my homework. at the moment i'm in the middle of a very important experiment. this experiment is seeing how girls react to me not hitting on them, not staring at thier chests and basicly treating them almost the same as i treat a guy. the results are very interesting. i now hang out with many more girls than even my great imagination could dream of. so anyway i have no clue why i wrote all that. maybe now my mom will know that when it looks like i'm not doing any school work it's really "music studies" or something like that. so i'm gonna go now, bye bye!

4 comments:

pia said...

stalking is not "jalatama"...its "jälitama";)

good luck on your "schoolwork"

S.A Kristie said...

:)

Maret said...

Pia stole what i was supposed to say...well good post anyway...!!!

:D

pia said...

well..uhm...sorry?:D