Monday, May 22, 2006

Post #150-My life is no longer pointless...i now have FOUR WHOLE POINTS!! (6 ECTS)

i rock. as in totally, completely, without even the tiniest doubt, rock!! why am i suddenly so optimistic about my rockingness? because sitting in front of me on the desk here is a certificate from tartu university that says very simply "Chris Clark, you ROCK!!!" or more like "This is to confirk that Mr Christopher John Clark participated in the Estonian Language Continuation Course for beginners taught by Ms Katrin Jänese from Fegruary to May 2006 and completed the course on 17 May 2006." now tell me that doesn't rock, i dare you. if you do i'll just bust you up with some tricked out advanced estonian. because today, i rock! do you notice they called me Mr Christopher? isn't that a horrible little rhyme? but whatever. i just want to thank you all SOOOOO much for praying for me. i don't know how else i would have survived the test. unlike my last test where i freaked out and failed all my past tense i walked in there, looked that test in the eye and punched it square in the nose. this time i was a COMPLETE success. and now that i have the bragging rights (a certificate from tartu university is definitely bragging rights for a 16 year old) i will brag more. there were like 20 people in my class and barely any of them got the certificate. but i did. maybe 5 out of the 20 got certificates for passing the class. i was one of them. i rock!!

but that's not all my certificate says, it also says "The course lasted for 15 weeks (60 contact lessons) and yielded 4 credit points (6 ECTS)." now i have no idea what the heck a ECTS is, but i know that i now am in the possesion of 6 of them. and i do know that credit points are good for universitry and college junk, and i possess 4 of them too. isn't that impressive? of course my dad made a joke out of it which i thought was funny, which is pretty rare with my dad's jokes so i'm gonna tell you about it. after we got the certificates we went to papa pizza to celebrate and while we were waiting for the pizza i explained to elizabeth how awesome it was that i have this certificate and i tried to explain the points to elizabeth and so i said "elizabeth, i have FOUR WHOLE POINTS!! do you know what that means?" and of course my dad had to cut in and say "it means your life is no longer pointless." haha, very funny. but anyway that is true, my life is no longer pointless, i am worth four points. so now i have official bragging rights and i'll never shut up about it to anyone. i thought maybe a good way to show off would be to turn around translate this whole post into estonian but i don't want to start getting annoying so i won't. so anyway, i'm gonna go now, thanks for reading and praying!!

3 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

Ma rockin ka! ;-)

Maret said...

pole tänu väärt.

Mary Ann Parks said...

You go, Chris!!! BTW, Jacob W. said you asked if he knew me - I can't get over the fact that you still remember me :-) I mean, I am an old-head after all :-)

Blessings!oskax