Monday, August 21, 2006

Advent Rising! Plus other stuff on my first full day back...

See that picture there? see that cool dude with the H.A.Z.E. gun and the hot chick? that would be me. Gideon Wyeth with my fiancee Olivia. on my other blog (accesible through my profile) i am now going to start reviewing this game from beggining to end. starting with an exciting encouter with aliens that turns into all out earth invasion and ending with...well, i haven't played that far yet. but anyway, if you own an X-box i would suggest reading my review and then picking up Advent Rising. i've played it for an hour and fell MADLY in love with it. it's like a first person shooter in third person. and flick targeting, and cool guns, and sweet enemies and...read my review. anyway, i know not all of you care about video games so soak up that wicked cool picture while i tell you about how life is being back in estonia so far.

yesterday, sunday, i started my first day back in estonia. i woke up aroud 9ish (a.m.) and got on my uniform and went to church. it was great to see everyone again. Evelin was the only one to give me a hug though :'-( and i went to the market to visit Anneli at work and she was slightly weirded out to see me (i'm still trying to figure out her reaction). so everything went well there. saw old friends. got to give my testimony (in english, sorry, i've been gone 2 months!) and got to show off my estonian skills. everyone was quite impressed. then i came home and unpacked. and as i unpacked i found gifts to impart upon my family. and don't worry my many female friends, i have gifts for you too ;-) then as my family watched some herbie the love bug remake (which would have put my jet lagged brain into a complete stasis. in other words put me to sleep from boredom.) i set up my good old X-box (i love you X-box) and stuck in Advent Rising and fell in love. then i tore myself away from blasting seekers and played zigity with my dad and sister for an hour and then watched monk until i was on the verge of passing out from exuastion.

then i passed out on my bed only to be awakened at 4 a.m. by a cowardly and upsetting attack. a moth, rather small, about the size of my palm, divebombed into my face in the middle of the night, scaring me half to death and causing me to jump out of bed and spend half an hour with a bag of rubber bands trying to shoot it down. i finally did get it. the poor sucker of course was attracted to the light and so it was simple matter of luring him into a position where i could shoot his guts out. the fact that it took half an hour is due only to the fact that i was exuasted and my aim isn't as good as it used to be. and plus that was a tough moth! i hit it four times before it went down! that thins was tough! so anyway, now that i'm done bragging about how i shot down a defenseless moth i'll tell you why an hour and a half later i was back awake. i've decided that i want to try to wake up at 6 every morning to have devotions. that way i know no one will bug me. i can turn off my mobile phone, and my whole family is asleep. so this morning i woke up at 6 and had a really nice devotions time. that's one thing i'll miss about battle school is the war room, a place where i knew i could be alone, well usually. here in this apartment...loneliness is never a problem! but anyway, i'm gonna go write up that review on Advent Rising now. i'll probably try to blog more later, anyway Cya!!

2 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

Dude, you live in Tallinn now, so you need to update your blog description! :-)

Rebekah Dooley said...

i am glad you got home safely :D love you and miss you and go read my blog for one in your life. hehehehehe :D
miss your face
be blessed and stay close to jesus and win this world for him starting with estonia