Saturday, April 12, 2008

Last night I had a dream…

Well, that just about says it. Last night I had a dream. But what made this dream interesting (and therefore worth mentioning) is the way it let me view my life. Lately I’ve been feeling weird. And I don’t mean I’ve been feeling like a weird person, I mean I’ve been feeling strange emotions. I’m not quite sure what exactly I’m feeling. But this dream definitely gave me an image. So allow me to tell you about it…

Everything was dark. But I was aware of the darkness, so I knew I wasn’t asleep. I heard the sound of waves crashing, and I opened my eyes. I didn’t move, but I looked around. Up above me I saw the moon, shining bright against a black sky. I was lying on my back on a rock, cold and hard, in the middle of the sea. Far off in the distance I could see cliffs, with the waves crashing against them. A gentle breeze played in my hair. And still I didn’t move. I closed my eyes and listened to the surf crashing around me. And though my eyes were closed I could still see. But I saw myself from outside my body. It was as if I were floating above the waves, looking down on my body, alone on the rock in the sea. Yet I still felt what my body felt. I felt the cool breeze on my face, and heard the pleasant ocean sounds around me, and felt the cold stone against my back. And as I saw myself lying there alone, the world began to fade to black…

Then this morning I woke up with this dream still in my memory. It wasn’t a nightmare. Because as I lay on the rock I felt nothing but peace, and calm. No fear of the waves. No fear of the loneliness. I was alone, yet, somehow, happy. I was at peace. And this dream really let me look at my life in a new way. I’ve been feeling strange lately. I’ve been lying alone in the middle of the sea on a dark night, the waves of life crashing around me. Yet I’m happy. Sometimes when I write posts like this I think you guys all just think I’m mental. But, this is my life. I lie on the rock in the sea of life. Happy, and calm, and filled with peace and joy and the breeze plays through my hair and over my face.

“Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.” Psalm 95:1

2 comments:

Erica said...

Hi Chris,

thanks for writing about your dream. I think that's ok if you see dreams and even so called weird dreams. I do not think you are mental, mhm, actually dunno. I hope you're not.

I've also seen dreams lately, for the past 4 months or so. And my dreams have spoken to me, and perhaps 1 of my dreams has actually come to life. Well, anyways, I'm not sure who sends these dreams, but it's ok to dream.


God bless

xoxox

Alberta Rockstar said...

oh i love dreams! i might love them too much, cuz i thought about going back to sleep to drema some more... i have this vague feeling i dreampt about the summer in estonia...but i had more after it so i don't remeber...