Wednesday, April 30, 2008

There is only one word with which to describe how I’ve been doing lately: Hästi, Hyva, Hurasho, Beuno…Good!

That third one, “Hurasho”, is supposed to be Russian, just in case you’re wondering. Some days I have trouble finding words to use to describe how I’ve been doing or feeling. Sometimes there are just no words bad enough. Sometimes there are just no words mad enough. Sometimes there are just no words sad enough. Sometimes there are just no words glad enough! Wow, that’s catchy! Maybe I should write a song! Maybe later. Anyway, I’ve been doing very well, and I’m going to tell you all about it. Why have I been doing so well? Lots of reasons. Let’s start on Friday…

Once upon a time, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…Last Friday, here in Tallinn, Estonia we (my Family and I) were debating what to do. We’re on vacation at the moment, but if we stay in Tallinn than my parents will end up working anyway. Many ideas were proposed, but the final decision was that we go to Finland on the SuperStar, the new Tallinnk boat, which, because it’s new, is having a special deal that let us go for super cheap. But the only problem was that if I went to Finland I would both miss youth group at the Methodist church AND waste a Saturday in one of the world’s most boring countries (unless you’re a goth). So we devised and excellent plan. A plan so wonderful, so amazing, that it would make me happy until today, Wednesday, when I’m writing this post fresh off the boat from Finland. We decided that I would stay home and guard the empire until Sunday night, when I would join my family in Finland. This meant I had tons of glorious time alone to do nothing but sit around and…No, that would be boring. So as I told in my last post, I rounded up my homeys, or homies, or homos, or…wait a minute, let’s just say friends. And I spent the day over at Kristi and Michael’s house playing Phase 10 with them and Keit and chatting, and eating brownies and drinking milkshakes. Now that already sounds like paradise, but the good times didn’t end there.

Because we couldn’t stand to be away from each other we all packed up our bags and headed to Rakvere for the night, planning to explore the castle and help out Michael’s adopted Estonian mother. It was great, Michael’s Estonian best friend’s mother has kind of adopted Michael, meaning that she was very nice and loving and letting us stay at her house despite the fact that she’d only expected Michael and Kristi and Keit and I tagged along too. I had lots of fun mostly because if you put Kristi, Michael, Keit and I into a blender and blended us up the result would be pure liquefied fun. Actually it would probably be a really nasty mix of blood and bone chips and…yuck! Being with Michael is especially fun because we’re pretty similar. We just laugh at a lot of the same stuff. And I was also thrilled to find out that he also plays Heroes (HOMM), I was just saying recently how much I’d love to play against a human because of the stupidity of computers. We also both thoroughly enjoyed playing with the collection of medieval weaponry and armor at Rakvere castle. In the picture up there Michael and I got into a little fight and decided to fight to the death over who would get the first sausage off the grill later. Of course we were both too amazingly skilled, and therefore neither of us died. But I still got the first sausage! Another interesting thing was that we all slept in the same room. 2 guys, 2 girls, 1 party. We played Phase 10 until we got tired. And I left Keit gasping on the bed next to me. Now, that sounds very suggestive, but of course it was meant to. In the course of the night Keit realized that I can do an Australian accent that could only fool some who thought Australia is between Florida and Mexico, A.K.A. an idiot. But Keit seems to thinks it’s hilarious, so I kept speaking with my horribly fake Aussie accent and talking about blimey dingoes, mate. She was laughing so hard…I really don’t know why she thought it was so funny, it irritates everyone else, but I think I sound rather cool with an Australian accent.

It was kind of funny because I was thinking about it later and I realized that that was the most pleasure either of us was going to get from the opposite sex in a long time. Pleasure for me because I love making people laugh, pleasure for her because of my great accent. I because I’m committed to staying single until I find someone I’d be willing to marry (judging from the women I know now it’s going to be a LOOOOOOONNNGGGG time), and Keit because she’s committed to staying single until she’s 18. I actually only just found out about Keit’s thought’s on waiting to date, and I think it’s awesome. Kudos to you Keit, why do you have to be so young? Joking, joking…Anyway, back to where I was. So we had a great time in Rakvere. We went to the castle and had loads of fun. And we got a family ticket because we’re so obviously a family. I actually thought it was really funny when Michael’s adopted mom asked me if I’m his brother. We did yard work and had fun with that too. I carried a mountain of rocks and we built a beautiful little rock wall around part of the garden. Then we were planning on grilling in the yard, but I needed to get back to Tallinn so that I could go to Finland. If I missed my boat that would be BAD. So I had time to quickly eat two sausages and then run. I was about to congratulate myself for making it to the bus station one minute early when I looked around. No bus. I went in the bus station and asked the lady. “The bus just left”. Why would the bus leave early? How could they do this to me? So I had to wait an hour and a half for the next bus, which got me to Tallinn with no time to spare. Everyone was worried I wouldn’t make it to the harbor in time. I would say you can’t keep a good man down, but you can, I’ve been there, man (what were the Newsboys thinking when they rhymed man and man?). But at least you can’t keep this good man down. I’ve got luck streaming out of my fingers and toes, so I made it there with time to spare despite all the odds against me. I just rock. But I still fill a little upset at the bus drivers. Why would the bus I want leave early and the bus I take leave late? Annoying.

Anyway, I took the boat to Finland and enjoyed all the many benefits of traveling alone (I might blog about that later) and then spent the last 2 days in Helsinki with my family. We had fun, we did lots, but I don’t feel like blogging all that right now, I want to take a shower. Maybe I’ll blog about that later too. Finland I mean, not the shower. Anyway, I’m off to go make myself smell good, bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just to correct ur mistakes its Harasho not hurasho and ut typo Bueno not beuno!
:P