Friday, April 04, 2008

Ugh, life is exciting.

Well, I haven’t blogged in a while, but I’ve been busy. The day after I wrote that post complaining about the snow the sun decided to listen to my whining and come make me happy. So the sun slaughtered the snow and now it’s so warm that I don’t have to wear my huge winter coat anymore! I still have to wear several layers of fleeces, but no big coat that makes me look like a marsh-mellow! A rather big, burned, dropped in the ashes type marsh-mellow. My coat is black and grey. So now I can walk around happily. This is what I’ve been waiting for! This is what I’ve been dreaming of! Nothing can stop my happiness now! Nothing can keep me from frolicking in the sunshine! Right? WRONG! No, my mom had to get sick. Not my mom’s fault of course. I’m pretty sure she didn’t do it on purpose. But then my brother got sick (different sickness, so not my mom’s fault, just bad coincidence) and because my sister didn’t want to be left out she started faking being sick too. She really is faking it. She is so not sick. For once in my life I’m not just making fun of her, she’s faking it and it’s irritating me. And because my dad has to go to work that leaves one person left to cook for, medicate, and basically just take care of everyone. Who could that be? Is it, could it be, me? Yup. It’s me. For some reason I have a super immune system that eats disease for breakfast, meaning I’m always healthy. So whenever people get sick I get take care of them. Fun. So rather than getting my bike out of the basement and going to exploring this brave new world filled with sun I am instead stuck in the house taking care of everybody. And it’s not easy. I’m not the most patient person for sickness, because I’m so rarely sick. So when people get sick I’m always having to work at being compassionate. And there is no greater challenge to human patience than a sick 4 year old. But as always, I will overcome…

So please do me a favor and pray that my family will get better so that I won’t have to keep slaving in the house but can dance in the sun. Thank you. I’m sorry I haven’t been blogging, but I just haven’t had any inspiration. Isn’t that weird? I was like pumping out a post a day for a while, and then BOOM no more inspiration. But now I just had to tell you what’s been going on, so be grateful. Anyway, time for sleep! Cya!

No comments: