Thursday, January 26, 2006

A tale of stupidity and woe...well mostly woeful stupidity.

just so you all can know how horribly crazy and stupid i am i'm going to tell you the story of what i did last night. last night, after going down to my room at 10:30, i was bored and not quite tired enough for sleep yet so i decided i would figure out a cure to cabin fever (which i am suffering from in the extreme). and my first thought was i need to move around, but i never was good at jumpinmg jacks so i thought some more. maybe a change of suroundings would help, so i knew i had one hope, i had to move and change my suroundings all at once. so i decided to do two things, first of all clean my room, second of all rearange it. so after some basic cleaning i figured out the perfect plan, to rearange my room i would clear off my desk, put my X-box and TV on one of my bookshelves closer to my bed (so i can sit in bed and play X-box, oh yeah!!) and store my ever unused Nintendo 64(N64) under my bed. this plan worked great as i packed up the N64 and stuck it under my bed, then i had to deal with the TV and X-box, that's where the problems started. i decided that to be able to plug in my Xbox and TV in thier new position i would have snake thier power cords around behind the bookcases to get to my american power strip, which had to still be able to plug into my american power transformer (in case you didn't know there is different power in europe and therefore i have to use all sorts of nasty electrical gizmos just to turn on my american lamp, isn't that sad?) without causing any sort of tripping hazard. so after spending a good five minutes thinking (i think to much) i figured out how to do it, but this master plan would involve me pulling out the book cases just a bit, only like this much "----", but still, that was aperantly to much. because after mvoing one bookcases just that much ("----") three big heavy books on religion (always the heaviest) came and smacked me straight in the side of the face, which made me say one very loud exclamation. other people all have thier favorite exclamation, you know, when they hit thier finger on a nail they go ****. but for me when i get hurt i like to yell, very loudly, this one word. don't worry, this isn't one of those evil four letter words (like love, love is definitely a bad four letter word) i just yell...(do i dare type it?)..."OWWWWCH!!!!". but anyway after geting smacked in the head i decided i had to finish it because i'd already been injured so i needed to see some results or my injury would be in vain. so after finally threading all those wires, and getting my hands pinched several times, i finally had got it all set up. but of course nothing ever works first time for me so i after popping a music CD into my X-box and lying back on my bed to rest i noticed something, with my X-box and TV next to each other i couldn't see the TV!! so at first i remembered that the Playstation 2 (PS2) can also be played when the system is standing on its side, so, being a experimental type, i decided to try it. so after standing my X-box up on end i tried to put in a CD, it slid out, i tried again, slid out, and i tried again and again and so on. so i finally just held the CD and made it stay inside but once it got inside and started spinning it made all sorts of nasty noises, so i decided something , "i should probably take out my CD before it gets broken!!", and so i did. and so feeling quite defeated i just unplugged my X-box and dropped it (not literally) next to the TV on the other side, closer to the power outlet and just a much more logical place on the whole. so, thus inspired, i set up my X-box. and now i have a cool new set up for my room and the memory of all the fun i had doing it.

the other thing i did last night that made me feel quite stupid was this, i did surgery, CD surgery. i have one X-box game that i really enjoy, it's two games on one disk, Star Wars:Clone Wars and Tetris Worlds (no matter how old tetris gets they never stop making new ones) and this disk is quite scratched up (i bought it used) and i decided that i should fix it. i have been asking around about how to fix it for roughly the last 6 months, and the most common reply i got of how to fix it is..."use toothpaste"? isn't that odd? but everyone has said "oh, i've done that, it really helps" or "it's great, the toothpaste fills in the cracks" and so on. so i decided that i wanted to fix this game, and i wanted to do it now! so i went and got the tube of toothpaste i keep in my room, and i went to the sink in the shower room and did the unthinkable, i spread toothpaste all over my CD. after putting on the toothpaste and then washing it of my disk looked shiny and brand new! i was so happy!! but by the time i got to my room the disk started to look cloudy, and when i stuck it in my X-box it wouldn't even recognize that it was an X-box game (it used to just say "this X-box game is dirty or damaged", but believe me, i have cleaned that disk so much...) so feeling very sad and defeated i stuck my now forever ruined game in it's case and went to sleep, i think today i'll try washing it off again and see if i can save it, but i think by following the advice of my friends and family i have killed my disk, *sigh*, so sad. well, whatever, Cya!!

No comments: