Saturday, May 19, 2007

Siiri's wedding/Hollywood night!

Wow, two great things in 2 great days! Wow! Anyway, i'll tell you about Siiri's wedding first because i just left and so it's still fresh in my memory. Siiri is a Methodist who has been doing stuff with the Salvation Army forever. She does things like translate, work in the regional office, lead songsters...Heck, there's not much she doesn't do! Anyway, now it was our great pleasure to get to go to her wedding. She was marrying Urmas (Who we all call Sass) who is the Methodist youth pastor. It was great to see them together. There's not a whole lot to write about though, it was wedding. "I do" and all that jazz. The only two noteworthy thing were these. Keit looked beautiful in a very nice purple dress, though if she finds out i wrote that here she'll kill me. Anyway, besides that there something else very exciting about the wedding. The candles! Well, not just the candles. Where the candles were. There were candles on the floor at the end of every pew. And of course if you put candles on the floor people are bound to trip over them. And everyone did. As people were walking around greeting each other before the wedding there was the constant "Clink!" as the little glass cups that held the candles were knocked over. I was the second one to do it (after the bride's father...) and then everyone did, so i didn't feel bad. Anyway, that's pretty much all there is to tell about the wedding. Throughout the whole thing though just one thing was running through my mind. "Every dog has his day....WOOF!" My day will come.

Anyway, Hollywood night was spectacular. I didn't win anything (Best costume, performance or...whatever the other one was) but i still had fun. And i'm going to put as much of it as i can on YouTube. Especially the Avril Lavigne bit...Very funny. I got a lot of great pictures, but at the moment Evelin has my camera so i can't share them with you. Sorry. Anyway, i'm happy with Hollywood night because we didn't mess up...much. For something done by a bunch of teenagers it went off pretty well. And everyone seemed to enjoy it. I'm not sure how much more there is to say about it actually. But anyway, i'll try to put the pictures on my blog later, and the videos on YouTube. Anyway, Mr. Bean is on in about 1o minutes so i must be off! Cya! Might blog more about Holltwood night later...or might not. Whatever....

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hi Chris,

I just thought to check your blog before I go to sleep, hehe its 2.45 am here. It was good to read that you had 2 good days and everyone else, too. Yee Siiri and Sass got married :D.

Anyways my day was ok. I had a chance to do some evangelism with a church called All Nations. It started with a prayer and fellowship and after that we went on the streets in the center town, where most of the teens spend their day..... I spoke with a Russian young man and my friend, who also did evangelism with me, she asked the good The Way of the Master questions. I believe the young man was touched and maybe he will come to Christ on one day. Well we spoke with other people too, but there wasn't anything special.

In the end of the day I learned that people need saving and they need people to guide them.