Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hmmm, flowers and two hundred serenading boys? What is this?

This is Houghton College. You like that picture? I got tired of stealing pictures from girls, so I took this one myself. The morning mist looks pretty cool, so I went out and took this picture. But back to the flowers and serenading boys. Tonight Rothenbuhler, Lambein, Gillette and Shenawana dorms all had their annual hall meetings. I, being a proud Roth guy, was at the Roth meeting. Part way through our beloeved R.A.s ran out with flowers, disapearing mysteriously. We later found out they had given flowers to the Gillette and Lambein girls. Awesome. A very nice romantic gesture. Apparently the girls loved it. So I come back to my dorm and go on FaceBook and was surprised to see almost every girl's FaceBook status having something to do with being serenaded by Shen boys! No mention at all of flowers...Shen, our rival guy dorm, seems to have heard about our flowers and gone out in full force, roughly two hundred boys, serenading the girls. I can take pranks, I can take jokes and thinly veiled insults, but when girls get involved, it's personal. Not only am I extraordinarily jealous, I'm also slightly annoyed. I hate being upstaged. And as I said, I don't mind much of anything else anywhere else, but when it comes to girls...

So now I'm trying to formulate ways to be more romantic than the Shen guys. I know tomorrow I'm going to have some girls who, after reading this or my FaceBook status, will tell me how much they loved the flowers. But if I didn't bring it up they probably wouldn't even remember it. I feel that we Roth men have been outdone. And I don't like it. Hmmm, I'll have my chance. All the girls will see what us Roth men are made of. Just wait for the snow...We have plans. Those Shen boys will see. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm going to be extra good with the girls tomorrow. They're all going to be like, "Oh, those Roth MEN are awesome! They're so cute and funny and smart and caring and sensitive and manly and romantic and buff and..." and those girls are going to just keep on going. And then I'm going to ask what they think of Shen boys, "Shen? What's that?" And my victory will be complete. Dang, I'm jealous...

Okay, I hope you don't all think I'm too wierd now. You probably do though. But anyway, I must go now. You always used to complain that I'd write too long of posts, now I'm only have time/energy for short, bite-sized ones. So be happy. And someone please tell me how romantic and awesome I am...

P.S. Please note how I always says Roth MEN and Shen BOYS. ;-)

3 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

One word: CHOCOLATE!

Kapten Clark said...

I just looked at this picture again, and I can't help but think: this building is in the wrong place!! It's so weird to see it. Fancher used to sit next to Woolsey.

I'm sure there's some great theological truth there about the building remaining although its location has changed. :-)

Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah
Chris you are soo obsessed with girls, im glad ur having fun at college!!!!!