Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It's all Greek to me.

Well, I'm feeling pretty good. It's 11 P.M. and half an hour ago I finished my Greek homework, meaning that I'm done for the night. That felt good. I am now prepared for class tomorrow. Or at least as I'm prepared as I'll ever be. I'm not doing too well with Greek, it's hard. And it's so different from learning Estonian. I really learned Estonian mostly from speaking it and hearing it. Now I'm stuck learning I language I'll mostly be reading and can't really speak with anyone. And also I have to learn it from the book. I hate learning languages from books. I think it's a lot harder. But it's the only way I have to learn it. And already Greek is enriching my life. Full Metal Panic is one of my all time favorite animes EVER! And in Full Metal Panic there's the Lambda Driver, which does awesomely cool things. Now I have learned that "Lambda" is a Greek letter. And now I realize why I kept seeing that letter in the anime. Super cool. And also there's the Lambda class shuttle in star Wars. Lambda is now my favorite letter in any language. Λ λ Lambda. It's awesome. So anyway, I'm happy about Greek. It makes me smile. Someday I'll blog in Greek. I'll be all like, Χαιρεν, Χρις ΡΟΚΣ! Okay, so I threw in some English, but it's still cool.

Another cool thing here at college is Ruckus. ruckus.com is an awesome ad supported website where I can download music for free just because I'm a college student. when I was coming to college and thinking about college I already knew the first thing I would download from Ruckus. Bond. The awesome violinists. They are beyond amazing. They've convinced me of something. I want to marry a violinist. I was actually asked recently what I want in a wife, and because I was asked by a girl I avoided the question. But now I've been thinking about it. And besides being a an amazingly strong Christian with a passion for serving God, and having beautiful, long, dark hair and being able to sing and...the list goes on. I want a violinist. Now, I know that I'm probably freaking some of you out. I go to college and meet a whole bunch of girls and suddenly I'm saying I want to marry a dark haired singing violinist? Well, to be honest I've always said that. Not just recently. But just to put you all at ease, so far I've met no violinists, very few dark haired girls, and two singers. But both singers were guys. So no worries there. Anyway, I'm just loving Bond. Seriously. If you've never listened to Bond, do it. Now. GO! Listen to Bond, and you'll understand my love for violinists. Must be off now. I'm tired, and my bed is comfortable and warm, once I move some junk off it...

2 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

http://www.raptureready.com/resource/brengle/ancient02.html

WHY I WANTED MY WIFE TO BE MY WIFE by Commissioner Samuel Logan Brengle (who was sanctified on 9 January -- your birthday!)

Anonymous said...

Lambda is also the symbol of the Half-Life games. Just sayin'.