Monday, September 15, 2008

Wow, I could blog all night!

You know how when you put something off it seems to kind of pile up? Well, I’ve been putting off blogging and doing things like, you know, homework. Waste of time stuff like that. But now I’m finally going to blog. But I have so much to blog about. Where should I start? I would start at the beginning, but I don’t remember January 9th, 1990 very well. So instead I’ll just randomly tell you what’s been going on. I’ve had a cold. Lucky for me it hit full force during the weekend. My Saturday was mostly spent lying in bed coughing and blowing my nose while trying to nap. But I’d rather lose a Saturday than miss classes. I’m already barely keeping my head above the water as it is. So anyway, that’s made life pretty interesting. Though it’s showed me some of the things that I love about Houghton. Everybody keeps asking me how I’m feeling, and telling me to get better. On Saturday I was supposed to work, but since my job involves talking on the phone I wouldn’t really do that well. I had kind of lost my voice. So I ran around trying to find a sub, but couldn’t find anyone. Then I ran to work 5 minutes before I was supposed to start and pleaded my case to my supervisor. I was prepared to work if necessary, but I really didn’t want to. When I worked on Thursday I was already starting to lose my voice and I had a coughing fit near the end of one call. I felt really bad. But this is one of the things about Houghton. When I got off that call one of my co-workers just turned to me and said, “drink lots of water”. And when I was begging my supervisor I guess my desperation must have showed through, because she just smiled and said, “Chris, you don’t have to work. Just get better.” I was so grateful. As I left I could practically cry. I was just so overcome by grace.

That was good. And now, even though I said I could blog all night, I’m tired. So I’m going to bed. Goodnight. Please pray for me that I get better soon, because I’m really tired of coughing and I’ve gone through almost a whole box of tissues. Cya.

2 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

I do remember January 9, 1990, VERY well!

"Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19)

:-)

Love,
Mama

Gatzie said...

eah :)