Saturday, July 07, 2007

Decisions, decisions...URGHH!!

Hello there. I'm sure you're curious about what decisions it is i'm blogging about. And i'm sure you're also wondering what that awesome rock concert poster has to do with it. Well i guess i don't want to leave you in suspense. So i'll tell you about all my decisions that i have to choose from in one quick succesion of too-short sentences. Cool sword/axe necklace at medieval market. Cool "Estonia/Eesti" T-shirt. Cool X-box games and other stuff. Cool rock concert (poster pictured left). Well there are 4 cool things of varying prices that are all tugging rather insistantly on my wallet yelling loudly in my ears to make a decision. This morning in Old Town strolling through the Medieval Market i saw the coolest necklaces. One with a cool sword, one with a cool battle axe. I was instantly filled with desire! "IT MUST BE MINE!!" Screamed a voice rooted deep in the part of me that's still very American. I looked at the price, 75 krooni, like 8 bucks. Well to many people that's nothing. But not to me. I'm extrodinarily poor. I mean i could easily afford several of those necklaces that were so awesomely cool. But i had other things tugging at my gut...After walking out of Old Town, before jumping on the tram, i meandered aimlessly through the handicraft market and noticed that wicked cool shirt that's black and has an Estonian flag and says both Eesti and Estonia on it. Making it so cool and worth money. And it was now on sale, was 200 krooni, now 125. Oooh, i've been wanting that shirt for a while. I felt my wallet being tugged, but once again i walked away. Then i came home and went on the computer and i remembered something else. The midsummer music festival! I'd been talking with my friend Ragne about maybe going to see this together. Urgh. 150 Krooni ticket, but that's almost definitely worth it. Then over it all i remember that i still don't own either a X-box 360, or Halo 2, or many of the other many video game related things i want. And to get everything (or even a portion of) what i want will be very expensive. So i better start saving now before i go back to America in a few months. Decisions! Urgh. I've been wanting some sort of cool Estonia shirt forever....That necklace...well, i can can say no to that, i always wear my cool Salvation Army dogtag anyway...That cool music festival...Hmm, it would probably make me better friends with people i don't know that well, and it would definitely make me more hip to any Estonian teens ("You saw Tanel Padar in concert? Cool!!") but i've always been against spending money on things that are only one time things (like food) when you can spend money on things that will (potentially) give you pleasure for years to come (like books or video games) but this sounds really cool! Urgh! Then there's X-box stuff, i mean potentially, as long as i don't get robbed again, and as long as my X-box doesn't die on me again, any X-box stuff i can keep for years and then either give to my kids, my brother, or sell to nastalgiac wierdos on Ebay (i'm talk far into the future here). So it's like an investment...hmm. And i hadn't even thought about it before, but now that i mentioned books, i've been wanting all that "Ender's Game" Orson Scott Card books! Geeze! Decisions! I just don't know what to spend my money on. Well, anyway, let's just hope i make the right choice. But now i'm off to Junior Soldier camp, which should be good fun despite the fact that i am not a Junior Soldier. So yeah, i won't be blogging for a week, so if your absolutely addicted to my blog then either read some of my old posts or...i dunno, get a life or something. Anyway, Cya!

No comments: