Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jr. Soldier Camp!

Jr. Soldier Camp was great fun. I just got back...last Friday. Okay, so i'm lazy. But at least i'm blogging! Do you like the picture? I put it up because of all the pictures i took at camp this is by far the cutest. The kids were playing hangman here and apparently this is Linda's thinking face. Or maybe it's Astrid...I'm not sure, they were identical twins. Why do we always attract twins here at The Salvation Army in Estonia? If Anneli had come to camp we would have had 3 pair of twins! But sadly we only had 2 and a half. So sad. Anyway, We loved it. I loved hanging out with all these little kids. The great thing about hanging out with people 10 years younger than you is that you can act 10 years younger! Well, to some extent anyway. But i always act like a kid anyway so...yeah. But i have all sorts of things to tell you about from camp. My favorite camp memories that i will share with you because i am so kind. There was one little girl named Melissa, you can actaully see her squashed in at the far right of the picture, who was the smallest and youngest girl in camp. She was absolutely hilarious. One thing i forgot to mention is that we have a new regional commander here in Estonia who is pretty cool. Though it takes a lot to top an eccentric Brit so...well, she's okay...for a Finn! But anyway, our new Regional commander came to camp to introduce herself to the kids and absolutely cracked me up by practically giving us her whole life story and having it translated into two other languages making it 3 times as long and therefore boring us all out of our skulls. And i was sitting behind her, so i had the lucky position of being able to make funny faces at everyone behind her back. But because i'm so respectful i didn't...at first. But as i was sitting trying to stay awake i reached up to scratch my nose and something quite my eye. And as i swung my head to look, Melissa swung her head. As i flicked my ear...she flicked hers. I crossed my legs...she crossed hers. I made a funny face...you get it. She started copying me. And i started giving her more and more complex things to copy and as she kept copying me perfectly i had to put my hand over my mouth to the laughter that was making my ribs shake and my eyes water. And of course she copied me perfectly. Thankfully Major Muikko (Is that how you spell it?) didn't talk for more than 15 minutes so i was saved from suffocating on supressed laughter. It was excellently cool. Even now i can't help but crack up. It was so funny.

Anyway, that wasn't the only funny thing. We played this one game were we had to put this balloon between our legs and do a relay race without dropping the balloon. The only funny thing was that my team kept popping our balloon! But in the end nobody one because of some disgusting foul play from the other team. Which i won't blog about because it just wasn't nice. Anyway, as i was at camp enjoying all this time with all these cute kids i was wondering something. What changes these cute little girls into evil, soul sucking, murderous, deranged teenage girls? I mean i don't think i've ever met a teenage girl who didn't have evil, soul sucking, murderous and/or deranged qualities. It just seems to come with being a teenage girl. But i came to a conclusion. I'm not sure what this monstrously evil thing is that turns butterflies into fire breathing demon-dragons, but i came to the conclusion that whatever it is should be hunted down and shot. Or if it's some kind of sick(er than normal) vampire with a fetish for girls between 10 and 14 i'll hunt it down myself and shove a grade A angus steak up it nose. Or through it's heart. Whatever. Anyway, that's all for now, i must be off. Cya!


By the way, look down, i wrote two posts in one go! Read the other one too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muikku... :D

-H-

Kapten Clark said...

I think the mysterious "H" is Heidi from Finland! :-)