Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The weight of responsibility...and a nice walk through town!

Aww, what a pretty picture. That was a fountain i walked past on my way home, it was so cool i just had to take a picture! I should go visit that park sometime. Anyway, this isn't what the blog post is about but a thought just struck me. Hard. In the head. And it's still striking me rather painfully so i'll blog about it in hopes that i will placate it and drive it away. I've finally figured out the secret to taking good pictures. I'm not quite sure what exactly that secret is, but lately the pictures i've taken have looked better and better. So from now on whenever i see something beautiful in this beautiful city in beautiful Estonia i will take a beautiful picture to give you a beautiful desire to come visit me. If you come visit me i can give you a personally guided tour where you will see things (like this beautiful fountain and the beautiful park it's in) that no normal tourist gets to see. Anyway, that was just something i was thinking about. But all that is beside the point. Why was i out today with my camera taking pictures of fountains? Well i had to return/renew/take out some library books because on Saturday the library will close and before i can get there on monday i'll be at camp in Loksa. And though my friend Anneli was able to return a DVD for me last time i forgot i had to return library things i don't want to have to make her do that again. Speaking of which i'm going to go watch a movie with her at the library tommorow. Good fun. Anyway, why am i blogging about being out? Because of...the weight of responsibility!

Sound deep, thoughtful and exciting? It does? Well don't get your hopes up, it's not really. Anyway, it's been a beautiful day so i decided rather than squish into a tram with a bunch of sweaty stinky people i'd just walk through old town. Walking through old town is always fun because i can keep up a running commentary in my head mocking all the tourists around me. Like "Hey, check out Ms. Fashion Statment over there. Nice outfit, but i thought only super heroes wore their underwear outside their clothes..." and other such wonderful things. And also now that Anneli is working at Raekoja Plats it gives me an excuse to drop in and bug her. Now as i walked from Kopli Corps to Raekoja Plats i had five heavey books plus a Bible in my bag. The weight of responsibility! What is the weight of responsibility? Well...it's...umm...keep reading. So after saying hi to Anneli and marveling at her super waitress skills i waltzed down Viru street laughing at all the wierdos, all this time still carrying the heavy books. I decided it was such a nice day i still wouldn't get on a tram so i walked from Viru Keskus to the Library by Stockmann, were i returned my 4 Douglas Adams books and traded them for the 5th Harry Potter book, which is about twice as heavy as all of the Adams' books put together, seeing as how it's a hard cover copy. So then i walked (still carrying a very, VERY heavy bag) through the park where i took that picture until i got home, only to find that Evelin the babysitter was out with both the kids and my keys, leaving me stranded on the dorrstep with my books. Now if you love books as much as i do, and if the weather is this nice then it's no hardship being stuck on the door step. So i waited until some nice blond chick who i didn't know lived in our apartment building let me in, then sat outside our apartment door, reading, while another neighbor i didn't know asked (with geniune concern) why i was stranded. I explained and she left me to my book, and i few minutes later my mom showed up with the key to the apartment and we've been home ever since.

But i'm sure you're wondering, what is this "weight of responsibility"? Is it my bag? Is it Douglas Adams books? Is it fat Harry Potter books? No. What else was in my bag? My mom always complains that my bag is heavy, and that'll i'll hurt myself carrying it. I think not, it just gives me a work out no matter what i do. But why is it always so heavy? I don't always carry library books in there. Why it's so heavy is very simple. The weight of responsibility. My Bible. My Bible is fairly medium size and weight as far as bible's go, but that's still not light. But i like that heavy weight in my bag, banging against my but. My constant reminder of the weight of responsibility i carry. The responsibility to represent Christ in my life, and show the world the way He works in my life. It might be akward and heavy, but that's one of the best parts. It reminds me. And besides that, i'm always armed to the teeth with a Bible in my bag. Anyway, there's another extrodinarily long post to get to and extrodinarily short point. I hope you enjoyed it. But anyway, must be off now. Cya!

No comments: