Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Should girls be slugs?

Hey, I haven’t blogged in a while. Well actually, not true. I blogged twice, but both posts I didn’t want to use just yet. One was sickeningly over confident about something wholly unsure, the other was cryptically negative and fearful about the same subject. But I’ve been busy. But today I couldn’t resist blogging. Today I was doing schoolwork and I put down my book for a quick stretch break. I cracked my neck, back, fingers…moved my sleeping legs a little…and picked up my copy of “Passion & Purity” by Elisabeth Elliot which I just got for Christmas. My parents are obsessed with giving me books like this because they’re desperate for grandkids. But I read them anyway. And I do the things the book says not to do. No really, but I do usually find some pick up lines. Anyway, I was tired and wanted a break so I flipped to the “Contents” page and picked out the chapter entitled “What women do to men” because I thought, well, women do let’s of thing to men? Which thing are you talking about? Confusing us? Frustrating us? Making us suicidal? I hate that song…anyway, the chapter was about the idea of how women should not initiate, and how they should be so meek and mild and slug-like and pathetic. It didn’t say it in quite those words but anyway…in a fit of righteous avoidance of school work I wrote my thoughts as follows…

I totally disagree that girls should never initiate and just wait around for us guys! Know why? I don’t know about every guy, but I personally am cautious when it comes to women and because I know they are emotional in ways I don’t understand no matter how infatuated I may be I would not risk the friendship by suddenly announcing “Hey baby, you’re hot stuff, I’m madly in love with you.” And also if I really deeply cared about a girl I’d be too worried about hurting her with my bumbling male stupidity. I still feel I can’t speak for every guy. But I can speak for myself. I almost said “us guys…” but instead I will say” I am thick”. I will not catch hints, no matter how obvious, because even if I did catch a hint I’d be too worried that I was simply misinterpreting some sign of caring friendship. So I personally would beg that please do be obvious. If you’re madly in love with me, say so, because I won’t catch a hint. And I hate all these things telling women to be all submissive and meek. Maybe I’m the only guy out there who doesn’t want a wimp for a wife, but I don’t. I want a supporting wife. I want an agreeable wife, not belligerent. But not completely submissive either. If I’m wrong I want to be punched in the nose. That’s what I want my wife to do. If girls never initiate how will I ever know what they’re thinking? Am I a mind reader? If girls are always waiting around for me to make the first move than we’re both going to grow old together, WAITING! I agree that women shouldn’t be manipulative and use their womanly powers to be controlling. But they shouldn’t be slugs either. So now once again I show the world why I will probably never get married…I just called girls slugs…ugh.

So there’s my thoughts on the subject. Please feel free to comment in as belligerent or slug-like a way as you like. Or if you are madly in love with me then let me know. Don’t hint. Because “Chris I think you’re a really nice person” might mean “Chris, I’ve fallen madly in love with you” to you, but to me it means “Chris I think you’re a really nice person” Anyway, I have work to do now, Cya!

No comments: