Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Do you ever have one of those moments…? Plus college stuff.

Do you ever have one of those moments when you think, “Where will I be in a 6 months? What will I be doing? How will I be feeling?”? I do quite often. Or at least I used to. But this morning as I thought about it I was hit with the strangest realization. I know almost exactly where I’ll be in 6 months. I’ve never had this happen before. Normally I have some fantasy that in the next month earth will be invaded by the Covenant led by Orochimaru, Akatsuki, Darth Vader and Ganon and using my awesome space marine Jedi ninja skills I would spend the next 5 months after that saving damsels in distress and causing girls to swoon at the sight of me saying, “My hero!” but lately I’ve been trying to be more realistic. Ganon would never work with Orochimaru. So I was thinking today about where I’ll really be in 6 months. And as I said I realized I know almost exactly where I’ll be. I’ll be on my 2nd or 3rd day back in America, either staying with relatives or living in a cardboard box. I’ll be rather jet lagged and probably feeling extremely nervous about the fact that in a week or so I’d be at Houghton, doing first impressions, and doing bad with all of them. I can almost picture myself, between homes, living out of a suitcase (which I actually prefer most of the time because it makes cleaning up so easy), struggling to overcome my anti-American tendencies because I doubt I’d be very popular with the more patriotic people if I blame every little thing on American stupidity as I do now.

It’s a scary thought, isn’t it? To think that right now I can calmly wake up, blog, make oatmeal and then slowly get started on schoolwork, but in 6 months I’ll be bungee jumping into the unknown with a broken cord. I don’t know about you, but I think it’s terrifying. Though I know I won’t be completely alone when I first get there it’s still scary to even think about adjusting not only to college life, but American college life. I mean at Christmas I won’t be able to have Blood Sausage! What will I do! And I’ll be stuck with Hershey chocolate rather than Kalev, which most of the time I think is better. And I’ll be stuck with American girls rather than Estonian, which I always think are better. See what I mean? Gotta curb that Anti-American-ness. Don’t worry American girls, I love you too. Well actually, whether or not I do remains to be seen. I haven’t really seen, and spent a good amount of with, more than two American teenage girls in the last 4 years (I know you’re saying, “4 years? You’ve only been in Estonian 3 and a half!” but I wasn’t much of a lady’s man until I met Estonian ladies). So, American girls, your new mission is to convince me that against almost all evidence I should like you better than European girls. Glad it’s not my job, I’m not sure it’s possible…

I’m just joking. I occasionally worry that I’m being offensive when I say things like that, but I think you girls know what I mean. Like, you know I’m joking. But if I did offend anyone please forgive me, I’ll most likely make it up to you by marrying an American girl and spending the rest of my life singing her praises. But anyway, yesterday I mailed off my confirmation of attendance and roommate selection form for Houghton. So now they know I’m definitely coming. So they should start building defensive fortifications any day now. And they should love my roommate selection form. They’ll never find someone who matches up to my level of coolness. I asked for a Salvationist MK who likes to stay up late, but not too late. Who doesn’t mind me listening to Trance and Techno really loud and who isn’t extremely into sports. Someone who comes with a wide flat screen TV and an Xbox 360, PS3 and a Wii, as well as a spring loaded walkthrough guide for every game ever made. Someone who knows enough about computers that if I screw mine up he can fix it. Someone who likes to study enough to get me to study when I need to, but not too much, because goofing off is more fun. Someone who for some odd reason is fluent in Estonian. Someone who is so optimistic that no matter how junky I’m feeling the optimism will spread to me. Someone who is very outgoing, with whom every day will be a party. And someone with a great sense of humor who will think I’m hilarious. And on top of all that I said it would be nice if they could make my roommate be a super hot chick. With hair the color of raven feather and a thing for wearing corsets.

Wow, now that I think about it I haven’t written a, “I love chicks in black corsets” post in forever. I think that I kind of got turned off to corsets when I went to a goth store in Canada and saw how much they cost. Any girl who is willing to spend several hundred dollars on a single piece of clothing, no matter how sexy, is not the type of girl I’m looking for. But back to the main point, (did I have a main point?) as I hope you can guess a big chunk of what I said up there I did not say in my roommate selection thing. Because to be perfectly honest I don’t want a girl roommate quite yet. I mean I’m sure every guy on earth would envy me, but…naw. But now that I look at it though I would like a guy roommate like that. Not with corsets, but with the Xbox and all that. But I do think they may have a hard time finding me a roommate because I said I would like a Salvationist or MK (Though I seriously doubt that any Salvo MKs will be coming to Houghton next year besides me) and I also did mention that I enjoy Trance and Techno because I know that many people find that type of music irritating. So I don’t know who I’ll wind up with for a roommate. But I’m sure he’ll rock, because I could never get a lame roommate, could i?

Anyway, I have another blog post I want to write after this, but I probably won’t because I’ve got other stuff to do. And also to put up two posts in one day usually isn’t good. So for now I must go, until next time, Cya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm. i dont know about the whole American girl thing just yet, but you do seem to have a lot of friends who are girls here... :)
~Monica

ps. im only anonymous cuz i dont want to sign up for anything ;p