Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I stand TRIUMPHANT!!

I am the champion, no time for losers ‘cuz I am the champion…of college acceptance! Everybody dance now! Celebrate good times, COME ON! And many other celebration songs. Why am I celebrating? Well, when I applied to Houghton and Thomas More colleges I had a goal. My goal was to be so great that despite the fact that I would probably choose which college I liked best before I was accepted I would be accepted by both. My goal was to have a choice of places that wanted me for my own coolness. Now as all of you know I was accepted to Houghton months ago, two weeks after applying. Even before I had visited. And then as I think you all know I fell in love with Houghton and not with Thomas More after I visited both. And I waited months and finally gave up on Thomas More ever accepting me, which didn’t make any difference because I’d already decided on going to Houghton anyway. But now I hold in my hands (not literally of course, it’s hard to type with a letter in your hands!) a letter of acceptance from Thomas More College of Liberal Arts. So now I stand triumphant, totally psyched and happy, elated beyond elation, because my goal was to be accepted to both colleges, and now I have been accepted to both colleges. Now I have to send a $300 deposit to Houghton to tell them I will be coming and a $0 deposit to Thomas More with a letter telling them I won’t be coming because 4 years of second hand smoke doesn’t appeal to me. Well I won’t say it quite like that, but I will thank them for accepting me and politely decline. But at least I got accepted to both! It’s very rare that I achieve one of my goals, because they’re always either unrealistic or I’m just too lazy, so I’m very happy.

Anyway, I feel like a broken record on posts like this so let me just say the main point. I got accepted to 2 out of 2 colleges I’m happy. But now I must be off, there’s babysitting to be done!

2 comments:

alder tree said...

You'll never know what you've missed: an excellent education or lung cancer.

Anonymous said...

4 years of secondhand smoke... ROFL.