Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The wanderlust strikes again!

Well, since I last published a post I’ve written 3 posts. All 3 posts followed the same theme, and after reading them over I decided they were so toxically depressing that it would be irresponsible of me to publish them and cause harm to my readers. So I’ll give you the short version of what’s been going on in my life. I haven’t been feeling great lately (emotionally) for a lot of reasons and I’m also feeling pretty torn about a decision, but the decision is of no real consequence to anyone and no matter what I choose, I lose in some way. So I’ve basically just been feeling pretty down. But one of the laws of my life that I cling to like a drowning man to a piece of wood is that what goes down must come up. That’s right isn’t it? Well so far it has proven to be true, I’m like a rubber band, no matter how far I’m stretched I always snap back. So anyway, I’ve been feeling crappy lately and going head to head with some of my personal demons. But I hope I’m not assuming too much when I say I’m pretty sure that I’ve got a constant cover fire of prayers from fellow soldiers protecting me. So once again I’ve come out on top, after pulling out my bible and eating some spiritual spinach just like Popeye. So anyway, I’m great now, and I need to tell you about my insatiable lust…

Now as I hope you guessed from the title of this post I am not talking about lust as defined, “Intense or unbridled sexual desire” but defined as, “an intense longing” in other words, wanderlust! Which I have just learned is defined as, “Strong longing for or impulse toward wandering” I didn’t know wanderlust was such a common term that it would be in my dictionary. But then again, my dictionary has the word “Superannuate” which I didn’t even know existed until 30 seconds ago. Let’s all hope no one ever superannuates my blog. But anyway, I’m wandering from my point. Wandering! That is my point! My Aunt Susan and Uncle Scott have been here since Sunday and just left today. And as I was at the airport I was remembering how I felt on my big trip to Canada. The most exciting trip I have ever had. Well one of them anyway. And I realized part of what my problem has been lately. I’m so bored! I’m bored out of my skull. I need to travel. I’m sitting here listening to Nightwish’s, “The Wayfarer” and, “Wanderlust” my two traveling theme songs, and as always when I here these songs I am filled with desire, an intense longing, an uncontrollable wanderlust. I need to fly again. People talk about the great poetry in the Psalms. About rising on the wings of the dawn. I’ve done that. That is what I live for. I’m like a caged animal, pacing, wanting freedom. And for me freedom is travel. I love travel. And I’m preparing for what I believe is going to be the biggest trip of my life. I’m going to step on a plane in the Tallinn airport and fly off into the unknown, starting a new life, like a bird pushed out the nest learning to fly. But I will not fly, I will soar! I don’t know if there are many other people like me who long for travel. But I am just dying to travel again. To see new things. To place my footprint where it has never been placed before. To become one with the world. I need to do it again.

Now of course I know some of you might be thinking, “Chris, you live in a medieval city in Europe! You’ve seen the coliseum, the pantheon, the forum! You’ve seen countless countries, been on trips innumerable! How could you want more?” well the answer is simple. All that was merely an appetizer to what I know is out there. And I’m dying for more. And as the NightWish song, “Away” says, “Everything’s just a journey away” I love NightWish when I travel. And I can’t wait to travel again. I think this is all part of a predictable pattern. It seems every time I need wanderlust, I get it. Even though I was slightly hesitant to go to Canada I was so swept up in the adventure of it that I barely thought about it. And I had been getting bored of Tartu right before I moved to Tallinn. And now I’m getting itchy feet again, and I want to get moving. And to be honest I’m going to need all the wanderlust I can get to help me through the trip to America. I hate to leave, and this will be very hard for me. So this is all for the best.

Hey wait a minute! I just remembered, Naruto! Or more specifically, a question about the Naruto OST I downloaded. Hey Anonymous, thanks for reading. That’s quite an odd name you’ve got there. Is that your first or last name? I’ll just assume you’re a super hot chick and call you Any (pronounced like Annie) for short. So Any, I downloaded the Shippuuden Soundtrack from ww.narutocentral.com, which so far is the greatest source of Naruto stuff I’ve been able to find. Check it out and download some stuff for yourself! But anyway, nobody who watches Naruto could be a hot chick, only an ugly guy (please, oh please, oh pretty please with a cherry on top I beg you to prove me wrong! I want a hot Naruto fan Girlfriend!) so I’m assuming too much. Anyway, I’m done now, but I just want to ask you guy’s to pray for me as I think about this not so important decision that’s actually bothering me more than it’s worth. And also I’m still not feeling my best and brightest, so…yeah. I gotta go babysit now, Cya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris... I really hate to disappoint you... that wasn't a hot chick, that was me, your good friend mike. mike anonymous

thanks for telling me!