Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun at the Methodist church

As always whenever I go to the Methodist church I have fun. Whether I’m there to be entertained, or to entertain, it’s always fun. I’ve been going to a university student bible study on Thursdays at the Methodist church for a while now, and last Thursday they asked me to help them out with a thing they were doing this Saturday, that is, today. And since I’m such a wonderful person of course I said yes I’d love to help, so Anneli helped with food while Priit and I ended up as child care. Which is exactly how I’d want it. So I was in charge of thinking up games and fun stuff for the kids to do, and then doing it with them for and hour and a half. We had loads of fun, we played 5 games using only a scarf and two tennis balls (never knew a scarf and two tennis balls could be fun, did you?), did a puppet show of a rather modern snow white, and I told the story of David and Goliath while the kids acted it out. Which the kids loved because I brought a toy sword, and so the guy lucky enough to be Goliath was thrilled to have a sword until David used it to chop off his head at the end. It was great. I love kids. The best kid was this little girl named Lisa (probably spelled Liisa) who was hilarious. She couldn’t have been older than 4 but she was still a riot. Her and another girl, Liise, were the first to come in and when Liisa found out Liise’s name she burst out excitedly saying, “Your name’s Liise? My names Liisa! They sound the same! We should be friends!” but the best thing she did was during the Bible story. As I was telling about how every said to David, “How can you fight Goliath, you’re just a kid” she jumped up in shock and said, “What? This is a battlefield! You can’t have kids on a battlefield! The Israelites and Philistines should go fight somewhere else.” It was hilarious.

Anyway, now I’ve been working on my FAFSA stuff, which is irritating to say the least. So pray I don’t go crazy before I get to college. Anyway, I need to go now. Cya!

No comments: