Saturday, February 09, 2008

My evil twin (Pardon me, misunderstood twin) and I are going to take over MySpace and DDR!

Why hello there. As you may have noticed the good old blog post machine has been malfunctioning lately. The problem, lack of inspiration. The other problem, overdose of apathy when inspiration hits. Both very serious problems. But I’m hoping to cure both of those problems starting right now! With a post title like the one above there is NO WAY this won’t be good post that will put me straight back into my blogging groove and make me groovy again. Well I’m always groovy, but anyway…Who is my evil twin you ask? Well you may have noticed that I have up a picture of a guy who (so I’m told) looks a lot like the sexiest man alive. The most wonderful, excellent, rockingly cool guy this side of Mars. Who is this look-a-like? Well I’ve never watched the amazingly popular “Heroes” TV series (Though I love the Heroes of Might and Magic computer game series from 3DO and Ubisoft. Heroes III and IV rock!!) but my good friend Matt in America told me that as he watched the big bad of Heroes calmly suck out brains he couldn’t help notice a shocking resemblance between Sylar and…ME! I don’t know if it’s because he figured out the way that through my blog I suck out your brains and eat them with milk for breakfast, or if it’s because Sylar and I look similar physically. I may never know, but I do know that I kind of agreed that Sylar and I had a lot in common. So anyway, I don’t know a lot about Heroes so I can’t really do a full blown post about Sylar’s similarities to myself. But I will do a little search (Wikipedia rocks!) and then write a post full of jokes and innuendos about how I also enjoy brain sucking. But for now just drool over this look-a-like and imagine how sexy I must look, all sweaty from playing DDR in an underground café in Old Town. But wait, you don’t know about that yet. Allow my to tell you…

After I tell you about MySpace. Due to the irritating insistence of my friend Anneli (who has long since figured out that I’ll do most anything she wants, but not everything. Luckily she doesn’t want me to do anything I wouldn’t do) I have made a MySpace. Well not quite true, I figured out how to get into the MySpace I made 4 years ago in one night and then forgot (I had only wanted to make it because I thought if I had a cool MySpace girls would fall at my feet). And so now, because I am a slave to my friends, I have made a MySpace. A MySpace that still has the picture of myself I put up from 4 years ago. Back when the world was young and beautiful. So if you want to see a funny old picture of me then check out www.myspace.com/_kurisu_. Now why would my evil twin and I want to take over MySpace? So that we can kill it and force everyone to use FaceBook. Or force people to actually talk to each other and make friends in person. Is that even possible? I really don’t like MySpace. I’m going insane trying to get my stupid thing to look half decent! I put up a really cool background, with Jiraiya who is my hero for his quote “Jiraiya the man does not simply allow women to simply seduce him with their beauty! When you become great like me women will go crazy over your beauty.” Which is exactly my goal in life, become as great as Jiraiya so women will go crazy over me. And then when I had up the great background I realized that now no one could read most of the stuff written in my profile. So I spent more than an hour trying 5 other backgrounds and playing with all the text settings and making my profile look sickening before I realized I didn’t have time for a project of that magnitude and just stuck on some free advertising for www.megagame.com. So now I’m frustrated because I can’t make MySpace look like it’s really MY SPACE! The only thing I like on MySpace is the little music player. That’s cool, I’ve got it playing some fun Modest Mouse stuff. But other than that there’s nothing to do! No applications, no slayers or vampires, and not even a superhero powers application! The pain! I prefer FaceBook, but am still not going on until Sunday, and then not until the Sunday after that, and so on until Lent ends. So anyway, I’ll make a great MySpace pretty soon. Just you wait, it’ll be awesome!

Anyway, let’s get back to the real world now. I’m sure you’re all dying to know what I was doing playing Dance Dance Revolution (DDR). So I’ll tell you, I was looking stupid. I haven’t played DDR in years. I last played with my friend Matt (same one who pointed out my twin) and that was ages ago. But it’s a great story, how I ended up in my socks on a plastic mat in a café, so I’ll tell you the whole thing. My friend Elis (who doesn’t read my blog so I can probably harass here without fear) has been asking Anneli, Evelin and I to come with her to a café to play DDR for a while now. We’ve always had excuses before, because we thought that what Elis meant was “Do you want to go to a grungy bar and play a broken DDR game?” but today we had no excuses so we decided to take the risk and dive with Elis into the unknown. So Anneli, Evelin, Priit, Elis and myself all walked into old town. We walked to Viru street. We turned down an alley, past a pile of trash, heading in the direction of the gay bar. When we reached the gay bar we turned left (gay bar was on the right) down some dark steps that I wouldn’t have noticed without Elis. As I saw where we were going I thought to myself, “don’t worry man, if it’s some nasty dive full of drunks and freaks you can get out easily enough. And you won’t be alone in wanting to leave if there’s nothing interesting, so chill” so I was slightly more happy when I saw the brightly colored sign saying “Eat Here” Eat being the name of the restaurant the sign had 2 meanings. Then we went in and found a cozy and nicely lit café full of people playing games. There were board games and books, and in the corner a Playstation 2 in a big demo type stand like you’d see in an electronics store hooked up to 2 dance mats. This place was great! Elis bought an Orange juice, giving us the privilege of DDRing to our hearts content. And we did. We danced until our legs hurt. And we had loads of fun, and piles of laughs. It was great, I can’t wait to do it again! That was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. I didn’t win very much though. I beat Priit and Evelin on their first tries but then when Priit challenged me to a rematch on “Pro” mode my feet just couldn’t keep up and I lost horrendously. But it was really fun, and we got tons of good pictures which I’ll put up later.

Anyway, now I’m very tired after my fun night, so I’m going to sleep. I’ll probably blog again tomorrow because I’m helping out the Methodists with some children’s program so that should be interesting. Anyway, until next time, goodnight!

4 comments:

Priit said...

Schees! You are evil enough that you even wont dare to knockyourselfout XD ; :P :) :P

lux said...

I don't see any resemblance to Sylar and you.
Not in looks or personality.

Anonymous said...

Heroes Rocks, the show, and the video game. you owe me for getting you into that.

Anonymous said...

that was from mike, by the way