Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Super Happy Birthday! (Plus some of the usually rambling. Amaranth!)

Well today I need to say not one happy birthday, not two, not even three! That’s right, four birthdays! Wow, what an exciting time of year this is! But who is having four birthdays you ask? Well, the best thing is that for these four birthdays there’s six people! Crazy, huh? So let me get started telling you about all the birthdays…

March 2nd, Aapo Jämse! Eero and Vesse’s little brother who usually helps do collection with me. He’s 13 now! Wow!

March 3rd, this is where we have a lot of birthdays! First is Liis’s little brother, who’s name I don’t know how to spell. Then, the other two I can’t decide which order to put in because I’d normally save best for last. Well I guess people are always better than inanimate objects so I’ll have to save the human for last. March 3rd was my blog’s birthday! Yay! I’m nearing 500 hundred posts in 4 years! Wow, I’ve been slacking. I need to do more writing! And decidedly the most important birthday was Keit’s! Keit turned 14! Still not really old enough for me to hit on (16-19 is the ages I usually stick to) but I do it anyway. And also she’s a fellow Paramore fan and most importantly reads my blog! You rock Keit!

March 4th though is one of the most important birthdays of the year! Almost as important as mine in January! Today, on the 4th of March, 2008, my little brother Peter turns 4! YAY PETER!!! I still haven’t gotten him anything yet, but as long as I get out to the store before everyone gives him their presents I’ll be fine. It’s become something of a tradition that I give him a stretchy rubber animal for Christmas, and now he wants one for his birthday too. So I’m hoping I can find a dragon for him to replace the one he beheaded. Pray I can find it! They didn’t have one this Christmas so I had to go with a scorpion instead, which is already missing part of it’s tail. Peter loves the toys I give him, you can tell by the number of pieces they’re in. And finally…

March 5th is Teele’s birthday. Most of you don’t know Teele, but she works in the regional office and I thought it was cool having 4 days of birthdays so I threw her on too. Happy birthday Teele!

Whoa, that’s a lot of birthdays. Thank God I’m too cheap to give them all presents! But I promised you some rambling, and rambling you will get. Just let me go look up the lyrics for the NightWish song “Amaranth”…Back, got ‘em. Well, as usually happens, it turns out this song isn’t about what I thought it was. I hate it when that happens. But I don’t really care, I can still use it for my point. Now I’m sure you, like I did, all want to know what the heck and Amaranth is. Well I have two definitions. “am•a•ranth \"a-m€-'ranth\ n 1 : any of a large genus of coarse herbs sometimes grown for their showy flowers 2 : a flower that never fades” now of course a coarse herb with showy flowers sounds nice, but I prefer “A flower that never fades” Now of course we all know that I’m just a hopeless romantic, and that despite the fact that I normally try to act like a brute because a guy liking flowers is kind of weird, but the idea of a flower that never fades is more beautiful than the flower itself. And what I especially like is the fact that this can be turned into an adjective. “Amaranthine” Was there ever a cooler adjective? “As I walked down the path, snow flurries dancing around my heels, I turned to see a dark haired girl of amaranthine beauty…” That is the world’s coolest couple of adjectives. Amaranthine beauty. Now what on earth does that mean? Well if I’ve got this correct it means something with the beauty of an everlasting flower. I love it! Someday I’m going to meet and amaranthine beauty, and then I will no longer be a hopeless romantic, because I will find an outlet for my romanticism besides finding beautiful and romantic new adjectives.

Anyway, I actually had even more of a point in there that I got distracted from. As I have already stated I am searching for an amaranthine beauty, one that will never fade. Therefore I’m not looking for physical beauty. But you get that I’m sure. And also I’m not really searching so much, because I know I will find this incarnation of beauty someday, and that I don’t need to search for her, because God will take care of hooking us up. But waiting for her is hard. Because I’m sure I haven’t found her yet. She’s no where in sight. And I doubt that even I do find her I’ll know for a very long time. So while I wait what do I do…do I date other girls to fill that hole? Tried that, bad idea. Do I sit around feeling sorry for myself and being emo? Some days, but not often. Then what do I do? I listen to Goth rock chicks! That’s what. I realized yesterday that when I explained that I didn’t mean lingerie corsets I meant Goth rock chick corsets I might have done as much harm as good. You probably thought, “Well he’s not into Victoria’s Secret but he is into chicks who want to drink his blood! That freak!” but Goths are completely misunderstood. At least I think so. But I have no authority on the subject other than being a fan of NightWish, Evanescence and Within Temptation. 3 Goth rock bands fronted by chicks who are fond of corsets and have dark hair. I heard somewhere once that Goths are really just a bunch of hopeless romantics…just like me. I didn’t really get it at the time, but as I’ve listened to this type of music more and more, and tried to understand what I love about it, I’ve figured it out. Half the songs are love songs. Creepy love songs that don’t sound like love songs until you really read and think about the lyrics. And I love these tragic love songs. They’re not all tragic. But they are all awesome. Part of what made me fall in love with Evanescence was Amy Lee call me darling through my head phones during, “Bring me to life” now that sounds pathetic of course, but so what.

One again I got distracted from my whole amaranth point. In the NightWish song, “Amaranth” the chorus sings this...

“Caress the one, the Never-FadingRain in your heart - the tears of snow-white sorrowCaress the one, the hiding amaranthIn a land of the daybreak”

Now this could have tons of different meanings, and I could be totally misunderstanding this. In fact I know that the song couldn’t be about what I’m thinking about because then it would make no sense. Or maybe it would. Whatever. But what I think about when I hear this song, and especially the chorus, is my amaranthine beauty. “The hiding amaranth…” The hiding amaranth must be found. And whenever I hear, “the Never-Fading rain in your heart…” I think of it as,”The Never-Fading reign in your heart…” Then later in the song it says…

“Reaching, searching for something untouchedHearing voices of the Never-Fading calling”

I think I’m losing track of my point, and making less and less sense. But do you understand my point? I’m searching for a never fading amaranth, a flower of unmatched and eternal beauty. And I will not stop searching until I find her. I’m searching for something, “untouched” I do sincerely hope for a pure wife, but judging from the attitude towards purity most girls I know have…I can hear her voice on the wind, the voice of my never-fading, calling me. The song after, “Amaranth” on NightWish’s Dark Passion Play Album is, “Cadence of her last breath” I don’t know the all the lyrics for this song, but one line always stands out every time I listen. “Why do I miss someone I’ve never met?” And I don’t know the answer to that question. But I know that I do miss her. But anyway, I’m sure you’re sick of hearing about my amaranthine fantasies.

Happy Birthday Blog, Happy Birthday Keit, and Happy Birthday Peter! Cya!

P.S. Sorry to Keit for saying she was 15, not 14, in the original post. I fixed it!

2 comments:

Keit said...

Thank you, but i'm 14 !!!!!!!! :D you are weird ! :)

Kapten Clark said...

Since you paid attention to Keit’s correction, I thought I’d throw in a few of my own:
Jämsä is Aappo’s last name
Koit is Liis’s little brother (a.k.a. Matt)
“beauty” is a noun; “beautiful” is an adjective
Remember that “igatsen” in Estonian means “I miss” but also “I long for” – I missed you before you were born!
Love,
Mama