Thursday, December 14, 2006

Girls say the darndest things....

I want a beard like that! (<--- Please note:That's not me) I like writing about my facial hair because i always get the greatest comments! Today i was pleasantly surprised to get a comment from The Number One Blog reader of all time, my friend Reet down in Tartu. (If you remember that far back she won that competition) She always gives me something interesting to think about. And this comment was no different. In fact i like it so much i will post it, hoping that she will not mind and will not sue me. "Hi, i asked some experts about your shaving - or not-shaving - idea. This year i have a bunch of gorgeous teenage girls in my psychology class, so i decided to describe you first (tall, dark-haired, handsome, nice, smart, cool etc. :D ). They seemed really interested. Then i dropped the beard-bomb. Most faces - they are mostly really pretty, and smart, too - showed disgust. Then they agreed, that the chin thing could be ok, but no more." Now you noticed she calls these teenage girls experts. I'm not about to disagree, far from it! Why do you think i post on my blog the condition of my facial hair? To get the opinion of all the georgous people who actually have to see that facial hair! I hate mirrors so i don't care how i look because i never see it. And i especially value the opinions of females, and especially those my own age, and extra especially gorgeous ones. So anyway, nbow that i'm past that part...I am absolutely flattered by that description of me. Handsome? Smart? Cool? WOW!! I can feel my head growing. And they seemed really interested? I should visit Tartu more often. And on a completely different different subject there is a subtle, yet obvious difference in the beauty of Tallinn girls and Tartu girls. I can't put my finger on it but there's something abosolutely gorgeous about Tartu girls that i find so refreshing that is just lacking up here with all these Tallinn girls...ahhh, so sad. Umm, and to avoid any smacks i might get later, Tallinn girls are stunningly, drop dead gorgeous too, but i still miss Tartu. Anyway, I can picture it now, a room full of beautiful girls with dreamy looks as they imagined how sexy i must be...until a beard was mentioned. I can imagine how those faces twisted as a desire to wretch filled them. "A BEARD!" They yelled "NEVER!!" So now that i have had several attractive, inteligent people tell me to kill my facial hair i don't know what to do. I'm sick and tired of shaving all the time. But Reet aparently knew my weakness, if there are girls who are not only attractive but also have a brain to back the looks i'm just going to have totake their advice. So now i admit defeat. I think i'll shave. And i also agree for other reasons, a beard is itchy and uncomfortable and makes me attractive to older women. Not that older women are bad, i just prefer to be attractive to people of my generation. So i guess it's gotta go.



Now the only reason why i might have kept the beard was because of my friend Anneli's reaction to it. I should probably tell the whole story because it's kind of interesting. I came to the Corps for Corps Cadets and wnet upstairs to hang out with Anneli as she looked up pictures on the new computer in the youth room (she also set herself up as the computer administrater) when i walked in and she said "Wow, Chris, did you do something to your hair?" Suprised i said "No, all i did was take my hat off, so my hair's a mess." But she thought i looked cool and even took some pictures of me (<---) because she thought i looked like Wolverine from X-men. (i didn't) Then later She looked at me and was like "Hey Chris, is that a new shirt?" And i was like "yeah..." And she was like "It looks nice on you." No i was quite shocked, it's not very often i get two comments in a day, and especially from the same person. But to my great surprise she wasn't done! Then she noticed my half beard, my facial hair experiment! And she liked it. But if it got any longer it wouldn't. So i was like "Okay...Whatever" So all in all it was a very shocking night. And i was kind of hoping if i kept the beard i'd get more compliments. But i realize now i won't, so i guess i'll shave it off sometime soon. Anyway, Anneli is actually over the house now helping me babysit the kids (and by helping babysit i mean throwing things at me). So i better get back to having fun! And by the way, i did have one other reason for wanting to keep a beard. The world beard championships! Check it out! The pics are funny! http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/ Cya!

4 comments:

Artemis said...

Chris, I miss talking to you. Email me sometime. A beard!? do it do it! I love the facial hair on you.

Robyn

pia said...

well thank you, traitor!

Anonymous said...

The beard is fine as long as you trim it and don't leave any stuck on food in it.
Love u.
Auntie
Or - if yr girlfriend protests!

Funny how a dream comes true... said...

hehe...i feel proud that my compliments are remembered....lols.....i did not throw things at u...I WAS WASHING DISHES........