Sunday, December 10, 2006

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. shining Sun. Please shine down on me!

You see that? That's the sun! You know what? I haven't seen the sun in weeks! During Estonian winters the sun ceases to exist. Well, it exists, just that it's behind so many layers of cloud you don't know it's there. And it doesn't rise until like 9 in the morning then sets 3 in the afternoon!Whats with that! We need sun! Anyway, i just finished reading Eragon and because i love to keep momentum i'm now pretty far into Eldest (next book in the series) and am really enjoying it. There have been several times when i've wanted to jump up, grab a sword and start hacking my room to pieces. I really get into these books. And I love it! Anyway, as always i keep founding quotes from these books that apply to me. And because of that i think it would be cool to share them with you. Well, one anyone. It says this concerning after Eragon left the Dwarven capital city which, being inside a mountain, didn't get much sunlight. "Eragon found the sunlight invigorating. It was hard to ever really feel awake when three quarters of the day was spent in twilight.*" And that's exactly how it is! Without the sun waking up is near impossible! I hate it! Sorry for quoting Barney at the top up there but i really want the sun! Well whatever, that's just me missing the sun. For any Relient K fans go listen to "High of 75" it's my song for these not so sunny days. "We were talking togetherI said, "'What's up with this weather?'/Don't know whether or not/How sad I just got/Was of my own volition/Or if I'm just missing the sun/And tomorrow, I know/Will be rainy at best/And the forecast, I knowIs that I'll be depressed/But I'll wait outside/Hoping that I'll catch sight of the sun/Because on and off/The clouds have fought for control over the sky/And lately, the weather has been so bi-polarAnd consequently, so have I"

Anyway, i just finished watching "Home Alone" and i've gotta say that is sick, are people trying to train our children as killers? Because it worked on me. I kill peeps every easter...so sad. But they taste so good! I actually feel bad for the bad guys when i watch that movie. And that kid is truly pure evil. He scares me. But also when i watch that movie i kinda wish someone would try to break into my house. It would be so much fun. First i would completely torture them, then i'd get an old guy to wack them in the head with a shovel. Fun, huh? You know what else i think is sick, the song "Ohio is for Lovers" by Hawthorne Heights. I know everyone else loves this song, and i know if Meaghan Wittenberg ever hears that i insulted this song she'll blast me. But i mean come on! "Cut my wrists and black my eyes"? What sicks lyrics are those? Actually i do kind of like that song, but whatever. I still like to make fun of that one sentence in that song. And speaking of the Wittenberg girls, Mrs. Wittenberg, if you're reading this, please thank Sarah on my behalf for the CD she made me oh so long ago that i still listen to. Even though she put Hilary Duff on it! Grumble...Grumble...She did that just to spite me! Anyway, i've gotta go. I'm gonna try to buy LostProphets song "RoofTops" from walmart.com because i love that son and i want it on my MP3 player! So Cya!


*Page 150 in my copy of "Eldest"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris, I will pass the blog on...though I know Sarah peaks in every now and again I will give her the heads up. You are sounding much better. I loved the Photo's from camp!!! I love knowing you are growing and enjoying your fellowship there. Keep speaking boldly for God, you have that gift you know, and also your writing...send some of your relfections on to Army Publications abroad and here in the States. Your ponderings, and expresions poured out are honest and compelling. Keep it up. Mj. Susan