Thursday, September 27, 2007

Headphones and Finnish Goth Rock bands...why do they both love taunting me?

Today i went on a nice bike ride to Kristiine Keskus (a mall), it's about a 20-30, minute ride from my house if you know the way (i didn't) and don't have bad trafic (i did). It was quite exciting. My mission was simple. Replace my beloved headphones because they have broken (AGAIN!! This is like my third or fourth pair this year!). It should have been easy. Except first i went down the wrong street, and took a "long cut" rather than a short cut. But the bonus was that my long cut took me past the Hard Rock Club where NightWish played, and on a whim i slowed down from super-turbo-lightspeed to look at the front window and see if NightWish would be gracing us with it's presence ever again. And i was pleasantly surprised to see that they will be coming back in December. December 28th to be exact. Only problem is that i already know that to go to the Hard Rock Club i have to be 18. My birthday is January 9th. They come within two weeks of my birthday and i'll still be too young to go! Why do they torture me like this! That would have been the greatest Christmas/Birthday present i could ever give myself! The pain...oh the pain...Anyway, after crying for a while i got back on my bike and rode over to Kristiine Keskus. Then i started looking for a place to lock my bike. And looking. And looking. They had no bike racks! I rode all the way around the place (no small feat) and found nothing! Well, eventually i did. Next to Kristiine Keskus was building marked in English and Estonian as "The Crime Prevention Center" or something like that. It looked like the type of place you'd go to commit a crime. Such as a bike theft. But they had the only bike rack in the area. So i locked up and start praying.

Then i walked into the mall and walked straight to Prisma where i've bought my last few pair of headphones. Standing right next to the rack of Electronics was a very helpful looking Prisma employee. So when i couldn't find what i wanted i asked her (speaking all in Estonian because i'm so skilled) where were the head phones they'd had 2 months ago for sale. She said that they weren't they, and that maybe i should check one of the two computer stores. I thanked her and headed out to hunt down my headphones. Only problem was that i went to two stores and neither one sold head phones like i wanted. I went to the music store. Only CDs. Nowhere in Kristiine did they have my headphones. Now i must go on the hunt all over the world. Be it America, Estonia, Finland, or maybe even The Netherlands. I will hunt. Anyway, that's been my day so far. Now as an excuse to skip songsters and avoid warbling i will jet off to the library and then go to the corps for bible study. So until next time...Cya!

No comments: